the new wow>>>>> RRS feed

• Question

• hi ....

the new wow that is vista was released and the response also very good for vista.....

if you are currently using vista and you having any problem with vista please pass to this thread and we will discuss together for best....
    Tuesday, March 20, 2007 11:58 AM

Answers

• Windows Vista is the latest release of Microsoft Windows, a line of graphical operating systems used on personal computers, including home and business desktops, notebook computers, Tablet PCs, and media centers. Prior to its announcement on July 22, 2005, Windows Vista was known by its codename "Longhorn".[1] Development was completed on November 8, 2006; over the following three months it was released in stages to computer hardware and software manufacturers, business customers, and retail channels. On January 30, 2007, it was released worldwide to the general public,[2] and was made available for purchase and downloading from Microsoft's web site.[3] The release of Windows Vista comes more than five years after the introduction of its predecessor, Windows XP, making it the longest time span between two releases of Windows versions.
    Thursday, April 5, 2007 6:20 AM
  • If you want to learn your way around Windows Vista, this demo is a good place to start. You'll discover the basics of using the Start menu, the taskbar, the desktop, and Windows Sidebar. These four areas help you access and interact with your programs, files, and folders.

Thursday, May 3, 2007 5:12 AM
  • and if you guys want to download this vista, then surprisingly, browsing from our student rockstart homepage, we can go to the downloads section and download trial version of windows vista for free, isnt it cool [i guess its beta version, but, still its cool, afterall its free]
    Thursday, May 3, 2007 6:44 AM
  • Use beta products for only testing and learning. But if you want to use it as a primary OS, then i suggest you not to use beta, it can get you stuck at anytime ;; at the time when you most need the computer Stick out tongue
    Saturday, May 5, 2007 5:02 AM
  • ya thats there, i remember downloading the evaluation version of windows vista, codenamed longhorn, from the msdn community, it was a 180 day license they gave and i have 178 days still remaingin on that setup....it just freezed my computer like anything...i even did some r&d on google so as to i can make it work faster, but no use....i took it of after two days....
    Saturday, May 5, 2007 8:14 PM
  • is all features are come with beta vertion of vista?
    Thursday, May 10, 2007 6:39 AM
  • what type of problem is coming while using beta vertion....

if it is for only entertainment purpose then what about beta usage?

Thursday, May 10, 2007 6:42 AM

All replies

• Windows Vista is the latest release of Microsoft Windows, a line of graphical operating systems used on personal computers, including home and business desktops, notebook computers, Tablet PCs, and media centers. Prior to its announcement on July 22, 2005, Windows Vista was known by its codename "Longhorn".[1] Development was completed on November 8, 2006; over the following three months it was released in stages to computer hardware and software manufacturers, business customers, and retail channels. On January 30, 2007, it was released worldwide to the general public,[2] and was made available for purchase and downloading from Microsoft's web site.[3] The release of Windows Vista comes more than five years after the introduction of its predecessor, Windows XP, making it the longest time span between two releases of Windows versions.
    Thursday, April 5, 2007 6:20 AM
  • Nice info from wiki..
    Saturday, April 7, 2007 11:05 AM
  • If you want to learn your way around Windows Vista, this demo is a good place to start. You'll discover the basics of using the Start menu, the taskbar, the desktop, and Windows Sidebar. These four areas help you access and interact with your programs, files, and folders.

Thursday, May 3, 2007 5:12 AM
  • and if you guys want to download this vista, then surprisingly, browsing from our student rockstart homepage, we can go to the downloads section and download trial version of windows vista for free, isnt it cool [i guess its beta version, but, still its cool, afterall its free]
    Thursday, May 3, 2007 6:44 AM
  • Use beta products for only testing and learning. But if you want to use it as a primary OS, then i suggest you not to use beta, it can get you stuck at anytime ;; at the time when you most need the computer Stick out tongue
    Saturday, May 5, 2007 5:02 AM
  • ya thats there, i remember downloading the evaluation version of windows vista, codenamed longhorn, from the msdn community, it was a 180 day license they gave and i have 178 days still remaingin on that setup....it just freezed my computer like anything...i even did some r&d on google so as to i can make it work faster, but no use....i took it of after two days....
    Saturday, May 5, 2007 8:14 PM
  • is all features are come with beta vertion of vista?
    Thursday, May 10, 2007 6:39 AM
  • what type of problem is coming while using beta vertion....

Thursday, May 10, 2007 6:42 AM
  • my sys has pro with vista...after installing it my sys keeps on restarting...
    Thursday, May 10, 2007 3:17 PM
  • Even i faced the same. I tried the Repair option , and it says that there is a problem with incompatible driver,s or some IRQ is conflicting. Even the repair Option couldn't repair the installation, I had to reformat and do a clean install of vista.

This problem is peculiar after you do a change in some hardware. I think MS should resolve this bug.
    Thursday, May 10, 2007 4:56 PM
  •  senthil_vel_b10931 wrote:

what type of problem is coming while using beta vertion....

beta versions are actually testers for errors and they are made with a validity of 180 days. Microsoft collects these errors which you have gone through while using beta versions, rectifies it in theeir "not published" final copy, and once the system is alomost stable they release[publish] it and even after that the "error experiments" are continued, they collect the informations and then what we recieve in the name of "updates" are nothing but those peice of small codes which corrects what is incorrect in an OS, after it is made public....and all those major corrections that have to be made and are huge in size, are collected and collectively they are released as service packs....

So all these updates and service packs are nothing bt bug-fixers.....

I wish there was a update patch or service pack available for msdn forums?  ...wat say guys.... lol

Thursday, May 10, 2007 9:58 PM
  • I strongly agree with you Anoop. MS should release and install a service pack for this forums ... it is really required. hehehehe. Even other PHP forums are better than this one Smile

I think MS needs a renovation to this forum.
    Friday, May 11, 2007 5:50 AM
  •  Harshil_Patel_03b5f2 wrote:
    I strongly agree with you Anoop. MS should release and install a service pack for this forums ... it is really required. hehehehe. Even other PHP forums are better than this one

I think MS needs a renovation to this forum.

ya they should..hope the moderators are reading this...

well, the php forums are very very close to perfect, because they are so user freindly to use, its just like windows in OS and PHPBB in forums....i have hardly seen any flaws with php forums.....

Sunday, May 13, 2007 3:57 PM
  • @Anoop - The best thing about the PHPBB and other PHP forums is that they are opensource and ANTI-MICROSOFT ...

So, it hardly has any bug.......
    Sunday, May 13, 2007 7:43 PM
  • well, i dont think being anti-microsoft, can make them bug free, but open source does help....
    Sunday, May 13, 2007 7:55 PM
  • IF it was from MS, there would have been more possibilities of bugs Stick out tongue
    Monday, May 14, 2007 3:21 AM