ocs2007 with tandberg video conference unit & enterprise edition deployment RRS feed

• Question

•  

hello ,

i have some questions

1- is installing the mediation server must be on ocs2007 enterprise edition , and can it be on the same machine with office communications server ?

2- when enterprise edithion deployment , the sql server must be at another machine or it can be installed on the same machine with office communications server ?

3- i added video conference station from Tandberg as ocs2007 client and here i have tow parts of the question ,

(a)  i succeded to call the unit from pc client m from office communicator 2007 , but i couldn't call the pc client from tandberg unit , any know what is the problem?

(b)  can i control the bandwidth of call , from two direction ?

(c)  and when i started data share from communicator to open live meeting 2007 , i didn't find tandberg to make any data share with it ? can i solve that

I need to  know the details of adding tandberg video conference station in video conference

please advice me

Tuesday, January 22, 2008 8:40 PM

All replies

• 1 - No, the mediation server must be on a separate server.

2 - SQL must be on a separate server in an Enterprise deployment.

3 - I don't believe Tandberg has released any interoperability with OCS yet, though I think it's on the horizon. You may want to ask a contact at Tandberg for the latest info.

Tuesday, January 22, 2008 11:10 PM
  •  

thanks for your reply ...

about question of tandberg , i already made a call from pc to tandberg unit , so i want to make the call from tandberg to pc and make data share????????????

Wednesday, January 23, 2008 3:49 PM
  • Tandberg has limited support for OCS since MXP software release of F6.1.  What are you trying to complish?
    Monday, February 11, 2008 11:00 PM
  • 3(a)

Tandberg have released an update for their MXP units in the past few days. This will allow the endpoints to register with the OCS server. I'm not convinced that will solve the problem of allowing a call from an endpoint to an ocs client. i think Tandberg still have more work to do.

(b) maybe if you go through the mcu

(c) i don't believe that integration with live meeting is possible as yet. the only place you might do it is maybe in TMS - I vaguely remember seeing someting there to support it - just not with live meeting 2007 ( maybe the 2005 version ) ( TMS - administrative tools / configuration / web conference )

sorry - not much of a help, but this is an area that I'm hoping both companies will exand on

t

Tuesday, February 12, 2008 2:58 AM
  • Well. With the updated software F6.1 or above, you can call make calls from either endpoint to MOC client or the MOC client to an endpoint by registering the endpoint to OCS server.  However, you cannot use OCS to host multipoint call.  If you want business quality multipoint VTC experience, I remember a Codian bridge.

Live Meeting Web content is not support yet...

R

Tuesday, February 12, 2008 4:14 AM
  •  

Hi all. So since F6.3 for tandberg endpoints it is possible to register on OCS2007, and you can make calls in two sides.  my questions:

1. Is it possible to set the maximum speed of the connection, righr know I'm calling to TANDBERG at the max 1920kbps.

2. Next problem is with presence. So my tandberg all the time act as offline, but I can make cal to it. What do you think about it. 

BR

Wednesday, February 13, 2008 1:20 PM
  •  

1.  You can set the speed of the connection through the tandberg.  The communicator client can also be set using the communicator group policy, but it is easier to do through the tandberg.

2.  The 6.3 release does not present presence information.  I am told the next release coming out soon will address the presence issue.

Wednesday, March 12, 2008 5:09 PM
  • Hello, I am interested in registering the MXP endpoints with OCS2007.
    I have had problems registering the endpoints on the server... can somebody give me a hint on their config and steps on how to do that?
    Much apreciated!
    Alex
    Tuesday, May 20, 2008 4:14 PM
  • Alex,

Here are the highlevel steps:
    • Create a user in OCS to represent the MXP endpoint (for example, 6000mxp@yourcompany.com)
    • Register the MXP endpoint to OCS SIP Registar (**Important: you must select "Microsoft SIP" as the SIP Type)
    • Add the MXP endpoint as a contact in your Office Communicator 2007 contact list
    To enable multiparties conference, we recommend a Codian MCU...

Hope this help,

R
    Tuesday, May 20, 2008 4:26 PM
  • Hey Rick!

Thanks for the quick answer!
    I actually got it to work shortly after my post yesterday... For some reasons the details I was using to authenticate were not correct... I changed them and now I am all set up.

indeed the step you discribe are correct:
    • create the user in AD and enable OCS for this user.
    • register the MXP endpoint using the creditentials of the newly created user
    • options:
      • Mode on
      • SIP address (URI) = SIP URI assigned to the AD account
      • server discovery = Manual
      • Server Address = address of the OCS server
      • Transport = TLS
      • verify TLS = off
      • SIP authentication = use the creditentials of the the new AD account
    • The sytem type must be set to microsoft, if on the endpoint, just select microsoft if working remotely open a telnet session and type: xConfiguration SIP Server Type: Microsoft
    That's it, you now should be able to place calls between MOC and Tandberg MXP endpoints (F6.3)

By the way, I found this on Tandberg's website yesterday browsing...
    http://www.tandberg.com/collateral/documentation/White_Papers/TANDBERG%20and%20OCS%202007%20Configuration%20Guide.pdf

Hope this helps Smile

Alex
    Wednesday, May 21, 2008 8:17 AM
  • Did you have to do anything special inside OCS to get this to work?  I have tried this numerous times and the endpoint still fails to register.

Thanks

Thursday, September 11, 2008 12:57 AM
  • The url posted above from Alex is pretty helpful

My endpoints amd MCU register but don't show up with presence. Even when I have version 7 of the Tandberg OS on the codec. We suspect something odd in our network - not Tandberg.

Tim

Thursday, September 11, 2008 1:49 AM
  • Hi ! I followed the described procedure but still have a problem.

I can make a call between MXP and OCS, but only audio call works. Video call not acepted ?

If anyone knows why this may be happening ? Thanks in advance.

Edwin.

abouton wrote:
    Hey Rick!

Thanks for the quick answer!
    I actually got it to work shortly after my post yesterday... For some reasons the details I was using to authenticate were not correct... I changed them and now I am all set up.

indeed the step you discribe are correct:

• create the user in AD and enable OCS for this user.
    • register the MXP endpoint using the creditentials of the newly created user
    • options:
      • Mode on
      • SIP address (URI) = SIP URI assigned to the AD account
      • server discovery = Manual
      • Server Address = address of the OCS server
      • Transport = TLS
      • verify TLS = off
      • SIP authentication = use the creditentials of the the new AD account
    • The sytem type must be set to microsoft, if on the endpoint, just select microsoft if working remotely open a telnet session and type: xConfiguration SIP Server Type: Microsoft
    That's it, you now should be able to place calls between MOC and Tandberg MXP endpoints (F6.3)

By the way, I found this on Tandberg's website yesterday browsing...
    http://www.tandberg.com/collateral/documentation/White_Papers/TANDBERG%20and%20OCS%202007%20Configuration%20Guide.pdf

Hope this helps

Alex
    Friday, October 31, 2008 9:49 PM