CRM Android App can't access On-Premise IFD CRM 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I have an on-premise IFD CRM 2013 deployment. I can access the server using PC browser and the Windows tablet CRM tablet app. On an Android 4.3 tablet I can access via the browser (but only the mobile site).

I installed the CRM Android Tablet app but it refuses to connect to my IFD CRM system, saying invalid web address. If I cut & paste the HTTPS web address into the tablet browser, I can browse to CRM no problem.

I can access CRM Online from the CRM Android tablet app, but not my IFD CRM system.

Is there something special I need to do on Android to enable it to access a non CRM Online instance?

I know that for Windows tablets I had to update the registry with the IFD URL before it would allow me to connect. Is there an equivalent for Android?

• Edited by Caratacus Thursday, August 14, 2014 2:28 PM
    Thursday, August 14, 2014 2:06 PM

Answers

• I did some more testing and it seems the CRM Android app does not like non-standard URL suffixes. It is happy with ".com" but not with ".something" on the end. For dev servers we deliberately use non-standard names so you know it is not a production system.

Still, bad the Android app complains about this but the Windows Tablet CRM App is happy with it!

Lesson learnt.

• Marked as answer by Caratacus Friday, August 15, 2014 8:56 AM
    Friday, August 15, 2014 8:56 AM