none
Moved threads appear in wrong forum RRS feed

Answers

All replies

• I haven't seen that for a while but when it did happen to me a second move usually took care of it.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Wednesday, June 25, 2014 12:38 AM
  • I think I've also seen cases where someone needed to post in the thread after the move for the move to actually take place.

I can find the first thread in the list if I do a search in the visual studio general forum, so it does appear that these threads do exist in the proper forums as well.

For some extra fun, the forum breadcrumb link in the first thread is broken, since MSDN doesn't like the /scriptcenter/ branding. =]

Don't retire TechNet! - (Don't give up yet - 12,950+ strong and growing)

Wednesday, June 25, 2014 1:24 AM
  • Well, posting and deleting my posts in the last two threads seems to have completed the move (they don't appear in the ITCG list any longer), but the first one seems to still be stuck.

EDIT: I tried posting in the thread from the MSDN branding as well, but it's still showing up in the ITCG list.

Don't retire TechNet! - (Don't give up yet - 12,950+ strong and growing)

Wednesday, June 25, 2014 1:36 AM
  • Can't do a second move because I don't have moderator-level permissions in the thread's new forum.

-- Bill Stewart [Bill_Stewart]

Wednesday, June 25, 2014 3:51 PM
  • Ok, maybe you're describing a different problem. For me the post would still appear in the forum I moderate (and just moved from) so another move was possible.

Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Thursday, June 26, 2014 12:32 AM
  • Ok, maybe you're describing a different problem. For me the post would still appear in the forum I moderate (and just moved from) so another move was possible.
    That's what's interesting. The thread shows in the list when I use the "unread" filter. When I click on the thread, it shows the thread in the correct location (where I moved it).

Thursday, June 26, 2014 2:21 PM
  • Ok, that makes sense and I may have seen this as well. I think it is something for fissues at microsoft dot com to help us with.

Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Friday, June 27, 2014 2:37 AM
  • I submitted this as a bug request.

Thanks!

Ed Price, Azure & Power BI Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Answer an interesting question? Create a wiki article about it!

Wednesday, July 2, 2014 9:04 PM
  • Here's a little write-up. Please verify that I summarized it correctly:

In the forum list page, it appears in the wrong forum (random as to what that forum is). When you click on the actual thread, the bread crumb links point to the correct forum.

Ed Price, Azure & Power BI Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Thursday, July 3, 2014 6:38 AM
  • Hi Ed,

Yes, that's a correct summary.

Thanks!

Thursday, July 3, 2014 6:20 PM
  • Bill, can you repro this issue?

The team thinks it's fixed.

Thanks!

Tuesday, August 26, 2014 9:37 PM
  • Thanks Ed. I will reply on this thread if the problem happens again.

Wednesday, August 27, 2014 2:40 PM
  • Problem doesn't appear to be corrected. Example thread:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/scriptcenter/en-US/7fed509d-50d3-48c1-a607-5fe1e560fd3b/

I moved this thread to winserverhyperv but it still shows in the ITCG thread list.

Wednesday, September 24, 2014 3:48 AM
  • I believe I have always seen a significant delay when I move a thread before it no longer shows up in the original forum. I don't remember if it is hours, but certainly not days.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Wednesday, September 24, 2014 3:13 PM