Need Supporting issues in CRM RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All,

what are the common supporting issues in CRM. We developed one CRM solution.When it is in live what are the common problems to supporting the solution.

Pleases share me a valuable information about this.

Thanks & Regards, Sudhakar
    Monday, February 21, 2011 6:55 PM

Answers

• Well, I suppose that's generally decided contractually between you and your customer.  You really have very little limit to the amount or type of support you provide for your solution.  Every developer that produces commercial or free solutions for CRM will have a different story, because each has a unique support process or obligation. For customers, it's appropriate to gauge risk and responsibility when acquiring a solution.  So, your commitments to your customer will likely factor greatly into their willingness to adopt your solution.  Keep that in mind.

Some of the most successful software vendors offer varying degrees, or levels, of service to compensate for heavy involvement.  However, their products are usually supported by a large number of quality assurance and development resources.  I think it's wise to offer a simple "Basic" and "Advanced" support option, priced appropriately, and with clearly defined support commitments.  Then, adhere to these commitments 100%.

I think a large amount of "problems" supporting a solution stem from the solution itself, and the amount of quality testing it has received before being put into production.  Code quality has a lot to do with this, and the capacity of developers to not only foresee situations, but the single greatest mechanism to provide sensible, efficient support is to provide sensible and useful error and exception handling and logging.  Many, many hours can be saved by tracking the source of a problem with well-managed and handled code, rather than having to directly involve the customer's resources or replicate them for your own investigations.

Dave Berry - MVP Dynamics CRM - http:\\crmentropy.blogspot.com Please follow the forum guidelines when inquiring of the dedicated CRM community for assistance.
    Monday, February 21, 2011 9:59 PM