restoring outlook express RRS feed

• Question

•  

Greetings!  I would like to restore outlook express, or at least outlook express files from my very first back up (I've always added to that first back up).  Somehow, my older outlook express emails were deleted, and almost all of those should have been, or were, backed up in the very first back up.

When I attempted to do this myself, I saw a list of files, but no way to tell which file or files I should choose.  I do not want to restore all of the outlook files.

There is no doubt some easy way to do this, but I don't know what it is.  Thanks.

Barry Anderson

Saturday, March 15, 2008 2:38 PM

Answers

• I'd like to say that this would be easy, but it should be possible.

Use the restore wizard in OneCare to perform a custom restore and select the date of the files you wish to restore. If you then select that you wish to restore Mail files, it will restore them to an alternate location since the .dbx files used by Outlook Express are already in place on the PC. Once restored, you would need to use the Import function in OE to restore the messages you desire.

If you need help with this, please contact support:

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Monday, March 17, 2008 12:30 PM