none
How to connect Windows Phone 10 to PC with the new feature 'Continuum' ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi experts,

I have a Windows Phone and a PC with Windows 10 installed, how can i connect the phone to the PC with the feature 'Continuum'?  Is it already in current Tech Preview build or will be available in future releases ?  Thanks !

Regards.

Dong.

Tuesday, August 4, 2015 10:05 AM

Answers

• For help using Windows 10 please post in the Windows 10 forums on http://answers.microsoft.com . The Developing Universal Windows apps forum is for developers to discuss writing their own Windows apps.

That said, Continuum isn't a feature to connect a phone to a PC. It is a feature to connect a monitor and keyboard to a phone and to use the phone itself as the PC. I believe it will require updated hardware that is not currently available on existing Windows Phones.

There was a good talk at Build on Optimizing Windows Apps for Continuum that goes into this in more detail.

--Rob

• Proposed as answer by Just KarlModerator Tuesday, August 4, 2015 10:00 PM
    • Marked as answer by wd0623 Wednesday, August 5, 2015 1:17 AM
    Tuesday, August 4, 2015 8:27 PM

All replies

• For help using Windows 10 please post in the Windows 10 forums on http://answers.microsoft.com . The Developing Universal Windows apps forum is for developers to discuss writing their own Windows apps.

That said, Continuum isn't a feature to connect a phone to a PC. It is a feature to connect a monitor and keyboard to a phone and to use the phone itself as the PC. I believe it will require updated hardware that is not currently available on existing Windows Phones.

There was a good talk at Build on Optimizing Windows Apps for Continuum that goes into this in more detail.

--Rob

• Proposed as answer by Just KarlModerator Tuesday, August 4, 2015 10:00 PM
    • Marked as answer by wd0623 Wednesday, August 5, 2015 1:17 AM
    Tuesday, August 4, 2015 8:27 PM
  • Thanks, Rob.
    • Edited by wd0623 Wednesday, August 5, 2015 1:17 AM
    Wednesday, August 5, 2015 1:17 AM