none
Successfully installed but not opening RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there!

I have installed successfully the 2011 version of Streets & trips by providing my (very long) product key. So far, so good. But when I click to open it, again the installation window asking for the product key is again appearing!!! So, I have it installed a second time believing rhere was a mistake done the first tme... but there was no mistake. Again, I received a confirmation of successfull installation and it is when I want to activate it by Internet that causes the problem. How can I get over that problem so being able to see S&T maps?

serge loriaux

Friday, February 28, 2014 9:57 PM

All replies

• Nobody can help me or tell me what is the problem?

serge loriaux

Sunday, March 2, 2014 2:18 PM
  • Which version of Windows are you using?  S&T 2011 is quite an old version (2013 is the latest version) - 2011 might have problems with Windows8?

I know some of the older versions do, but I don't have a list of which do and which don't.

Richard Marsden
    MapPoint Add-ins at Mapping-Tools.com

Monday, March 3, 2014 2:57 PM
  • I have Windows 7 and it works fine with S&T 2010
    Monday, March 3, 2014 3:04 PM
  • Some of us are lamenting loosing W7 since all new PCs come with W8. Afaik W8 will not run any S&Ts older than 2011. I'm running W8 and found that it wouldn't even run the 2013 free trial S&T at first. Over a couple days W8 updated itself several times to make 160 changes (no exaggeration). I thought I'd try 2013 one more time, and this time W8 said it needed to install a "hotfix", after which the 2013 version worked. I have all kinds of trip information on 2007, but know of no way any versions 2010 and older can be read with W8. Please let me know if someone learns of a way (particularly if it doesn't involve deleting portions of W8).

Rob

Thursday, March 6, 2014 4:14 AM
  • I'm sorry for your problem but this is not solving mine. After successfully intalled the 2011 version on my W7, it just doesn't want to open! Where the heck is the problem?

serge loriaux

Thursday, March 6, 2014 8:31 PM