Money: convert files to Money Plus RRS feed

• Question

• Microsoft just had to perform a re-installation of Office 365 and Windows due to problems. As a result my Money program is gone. The MS engineer installed Money Plus but my old Money files won't open. Can anyone help?
    Tuesday, May 29, 2018 9:17 PM

All replies

• USA?

What version of Money do you think you were running?

What error message do you get when you attempt to open?

Save copies of your latest *.mny file and your newest several *.mbf files. If you don't find these files, let us know.

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 10:45 PM
  • Hi,No, I'm using a UK version of Money (not sure of the version). When I attempt to open I get following message: "Money can't open file because it was created in different version of Money".

I have tried to import and restore backup files to no avail.

I hope you can help - as all my personal files and business files are now useless.

Wednesday, May 30, 2018 9:18 PM
  • Uninstall Money Plus, and install Money 2005 UK using the link in what is currently the second post in this forum. Things will be good.

Do keep copies of your recent *.mny and *.mbf files on different media, and perhaps offsite. Let this scare motivate you.  Keep multiple vintages of your Money backup file. Some people keep overwriting their only backup file, get corrupted, and back up the corrupted file over a good backup file.

If you have a *.mny file that is timestamped after your install of Money Plus, you will want to use a different file... possibly *.m14 or .m12 etc. Money Plus may have renamed your existing *.mny file to that name. Money opens those files.

Wednesday, May 30, 2018 9:26 PM