Schema Preperation completed without Errors but Objects and Schema changes not visible in AD. RRS feed

• Question

• I have installed 3 servers in a test lab. The first server is the AD domain controller, Global Catalogue etc. The second server I installed Exchange 2007 on. The 3rd I have installed OCS on. The whole install ran quite smoothly but when I tested accounts at the end it failed the tests. I went and checked the ADUC and noticed there was no ability to enable users for Office Communication server. So I went and checked the Schema as per the OCS_ADGuide and can not find the objects in the Schema. I looked back at the Schema prep logs etc and all appears to have gone OK (all reported as Success). Running the Lcscmd /forest /action:CheckSchemaPrepState also reports it is prepped.

The only thing that I had to do post prep was install the Certificate services as this was not in place before that point.

Any clues ?

Tuesday, July 10, 2007 12:46 PM

Answers

• You have to enable users in ADUC on a computer that has the OCS Admin tools installed. So, on the OCS server you have to open an MMC and add the ADUC snap-in. You can then enable users there and then you can test from there.
    Tuesday, July 10, 2007 5:29 PM