Subscribed under a now closed account RRS feed

  • Question

  • I have a OnceCare subscription tied to an old "closed" hotmail account. How do I change the billing/subscription to my new hotmail account? Or how do I cancel the subscription since I cannot access a closed account? Is there a phone # to call?

    My last resort is to protest my renewal bill and buy from a competitor.

    I appreciate any assistance. Thanks


    Saturday, December 6, 2008 4:38 PM


  • I know you found your answer since you posted the support phone number. I deleted that post, since the number is only available to paid subscribers and the forum is public.


    As I trust you discovered, a subscription can't be transferred, but you can contact support to cancel the existing subscription and then start a new one with a new LiveID. Note that this isn't needed, though, as the LiveID does not have to have an active Hotmail account or even an email account associated with it - it is still valid as a LiveID. You can't cancel a LiveID as long as there are active subscriptions (for any paid service) associated with it.



    Monday, December 8, 2008 3:43 PM