Manual Updating never resolves/finalizes RRS feed

• Question

• Live Mesh software: 0.9.3103.14
    Live Desktop: 0.9.3103.18

Running Vista x32 Ultimate with SP1

Ever since the last update, when i try to do a 'manual update' (thru the software)...I get the following message:

Configure Live Mesh Updates?
    Your desktop and taskbar will restart while updates are being configured. Click OK to continue.

I click ok...the desktop blinks, and i get the Admin permission box (click ok to continue)...i then get a blue popup in the bottom right that says 'configured live mesh updates' (with green check)...BUT..when i do a manual update again...the same thing happens..i can do that over and over (even tried rebooting a few times)...but I NEVER get a 'no new updates available' message like i used to...

what gives?

Wednesday, October 15, 2008 5:41 PM

Answers

• Hi Finnius,

Please go ahead and open a bug through Connect, and attach your Live Mesh logs, so that we can investigate this.  Instructions for collecting logs and submitting a bug are in an Announcement at the top of the forums.  After you've submitted your bug, if you could post the Connect Feedback ID here that will help me to track it.

Thanks,

Ben.
    • Proposed as answer by Ben [Live Mesh] Thursday, October 16, 2008 6:53 PM
    • Marked as answer by Finnius Thursday, October 16, 2008 7:44 PM
    Wednesday, October 15, 2008 10:04 PM

All replies

• Hi Finnius,

Are you running Live Mesh under an administrator account, or are you entering admin credentials in the permission box (known as 'over-the-shoulder' elevation)?  Live Mesh currently does not support the latter scenario.  There is an Announcement at the top of the forums concerning updating and UAC that might be helpful.

If, however, you are logged into an admin account, and/or the steps in the Announcement do not resolve this issue for you, please let me know.

Thanks,

Ben.
    • Proposed as answer by Ben [Live Mesh] Wednesday, October 15, 2008 7:42 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Finnius Wednesday, October 15, 2008 10:01 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Ben [Live Mesh] Wednesday, October 15, 2008 10:04 PM
    Wednesday, October 15, 2008 7:40 PM
  • Yes I'm running under Admin...actually there is only 1 account on my computer...so of course it's Admin.
    Strangely, I had not encountered this before the last update. I normally check for updates manually when i turn on Mesh, rather than wait for the program to tell me that an update is available.

And yes, i have UAC on all the time...
    • Edited by Finnius Wednesday, October 15, 2008 10:01 PM
    Wednesday, October 15, 2008 9:58 PM
  • Hi Finnius,

Please go ahead and open a bug through Connect, and attach your Live Mesh logs, so that we can investigate this.  Instructions for collecting logs and submitting a bug are in an Announcement at the top of the forums.  After you've submitted your bug, if you could post the Connect Feedback ID here that will help me to track it.

Thanks,

Ben.
    • Proposed as answer by Ben [Live Mesh] Thursday, October 16, 2008 6:53 PM
    • Marked as answer by Finnius Thursday, October 16, 2008 7:44 PM
    Wednesday, October 15, 2008 10:04 PM
  • sure, give me a minute
    Wednesday, October 15, 2008 10:05 PM
  •  
    Title: Manual Updating does not Resolve/Finalize
    ID: 375872
    Wednesday, October 15, 2008 10:21 PM
  • Thank you.  I see it.  We'll let you know as soon as we learn something.

Ben.
    Wednesday, October 15, 2008 10:23 PM
  •  I went thru the process one more time before creating the log...hopefully it should be near the top of the log...i was also doing some uploading at the same time, but that wouldn't account for the bug, seeing as how i did the exact same thing numerous times before adding/deleting files from the mesh...

you should also see that in the log as well...thanks in advance for your quick attention...hopefully something will be learned from this.
    Wednesday, October 15, 2008 10:27 PM