none
Question has been copied to another site...

Question

• Hi, I posted a question in the forum... I have recently observed that the question posted by me has been copied to another site...

This is not the correct practice...So, I would request you to kindly provide me assistance to resolve the same...

I need the question posted by me to be deleted from the other site...

Thursday, May 5, 2016 5:36 AM

Answers

• There are many sites out there that scrape forums.

There's nothing we can do about it here. If you really want it removed, you'll need to reach out to the site who copied the thread.

Thursday, May 5, 2016 12:03 PM
  • Hi,

www.nic.com is the controller of .com domains. On their site you can get the whois information (there is a direct link there).

And it seems that there is some kind of company behind that - I doubt that you will have any chance to get your post removed.

(Registrant email would be networksteve.com@domainprivacygroup.com)

With kind regards,

Konrad

Thursday, May 5, 2016 12:38 PM

All replies

• Please post the links to both.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Thursday, May 5, 2016 6:09 AM
  • http://www.networksteve.com/enterprise/topic.php/OWA_%28Office_web_app%29_is_configured,_still_I_am_not_able_to_view/?TopicId=111295&Posts=3
    Thursday, May 5, 2016 7:18 AM
  • There are many sites out there that scrape forums.

There's nothing we can do about it here. If you really want it removed, you'll need to reach out to the site who copied the thread.

Thursday, May 5, 2016 12:03 PM
  • Can you help me reaching to the site owner.

As I am unable to locate him...

Thursday, May 5, 2016 12:22 PM
  • I see no contact details on the site. Check the WHOIS details of the domain, that's likely your only option.

Thursday, May 5, 2016 12:30 PM
  • Hi,

www.nic.com is the controller of .com domains. On their site you can get the whois information (there is a direct link there).

And it seems that there is some kind of company behind that - I doubt that you will have any chance to get your post removed.

(Registrant email would be networksteve.com@domainprivacygroup.com)

With kind regards,

Konrad

Thursday, May 5, 2016 12:38 PM
  • If you live in U.S. you may want to file copyright claim to them with aid of cheap lawyer.

By the TOS of this forum, you grant "Microsoft and its Affiliates the right to make, use, modify, distribute and otherwise commercialize the Submission in any way and for any purpose" and "By providing a Submission you warrant that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to your Submission and that your Submission is not subject to any rights of a third party ".

Clearly that site is neither Microsoft nor "one of the Microsoft Affiliates" so you're rightful to sue them if they don't remove it. :P

Monday, May 16, 2016 7:09 AM