MySQL on WHS 2011 RRS feed

• Question

• Running with the retail WHS2011 and wanted to get a MySQL Database running on the server.  Everything installed correctly, the service started just fine and I can connect from the localhost.  I set up remote accounts and set a fixed IP for the WHS2011 box.  Also specified that the install at a firewall exception for port 3306.

With all that;  I cannot connect to the MySQL server.  Does anyone have any thoughts on what setting might be preventing a local network connection?

Thanks for any thoughts.

Friday, June 10, 2011 8:37 AM

Answers

• After a resinstall and changes to "schema" setings...  I can now connect.  The reinstalls were more problematic...   errors setting security parameters, but I'm guessing that the deinstalls were not clean as the local connection worked fine as well.

Friday, June 10, 2011 3:50 PM

All replies

• After a resinstall and changes to "schema" setings...  I can now connect.  The reinstalls were more problematic...   errors setting security parameters, but I'm guessing that the deinstalls were not clean as the local connection worked fine as well.

Friday, June 10, 2011 3:50 PM
  • if you want a simple way to add features to your webserver on the WHS2011 you can always use Microsoft Web Plattform.

http://www.microsoft.com/web/platform/

I used this to install PHP, MySQL and Wordpress and it was real simple to use.

Just enter your passwords needed to access and then it will run through the process and complete with full functionality.

• Proposed as answer by Enlox Wednesday, September 21, 2011 5:04 PM
    Wednesday, September 21, 2011 11:39 AM
  • Very useful information, thanks!

Note that just like anything else you do from the server desktop, installing Microsoft Web Platform etc. is not technically supported on Windows Home Server. I don't think it should cause any problems, but be careful, because your server's web services are used for a number of purposes (connector installation, remote access, etc.).

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Wednesday, September 21, 2011 2:30 PM