locked
An error occurred while calling the callback: "HrGroupGetVisible" RRS feed

  • Question

  • From time to time, I am getting this error, not sure how to resolve this?  My environment is:

    - Windows 7 64 bit
    - Office 2010 32 bit
    - Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4 Outlook client with rollup 15
    - Multiple account setup in Outlook 2010 (including 1 x exchange, 1 x hotmail, others)

    Header: Custom UI Runtime Error in Microsoft Dynamics CRM

    Body: An error occurred while calling the callback: "HrExplorerGroupGetVisible"


    SW
    Tuesday, March 29, 2011 2:36 PM

All replies

  • I don't know if you still have the problem, after all your post is a month old, but I found the solution and I'll post it anyway, in case someone has a similar problem.

     

    I experienced the same, and it turned out to be a registry key that caused the problems. You can find a more detailed approach to fix it here

     

     

     


    • Proposed as answer by Torstein Utne Monday, May 2, 2011 8:02 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Sindy Wong Monday, May 2, 2011 2:32 PM
    Monday, May 2, 2011 8:01 AM
  • No. The article did not help.  I did not have Office 2007 installed at the first place.  This is a brand new machine, came with Windows 7 and Office 2010.
    SW
    Monday, May 2, 2011 2:34 PM
  • No. The article did not help.  I did not have Office 2007 installed at the first place.  This is a brand new machine, came with Windows 7 and Office 2010.
    SW


    What didn't work? Could you not find the registry setting, or could you find it, delete it, but the problem continued? Or did you choose not to try it because you have another environment?

    I forgot to mention, my problem occured on a Win 2008 R2 dev machine with outlook 2010 installed - even though the article just mentions Office 2007 it could be worth a try if you haven't tried it out already.

    Tuesday, May 3, 2011 7:02 AM
  • I have experienced the same problem. I have Windows 7, Office 2010, no earlier Office components at all (there were Office 2007 before, but I have uninstalled it completely). I installed Microsoft's Business Contact Manager for Outlook  and it caused the CRM Outlook client to behave as noted above.

    I have just deleted the registry key in the referred article and now Outlook and the CRM client in Outlook are working as expected. Thanks for the help.

    • Proposed as answer by Jim Glass Jr Monday, June 6, 2011 7:15 PM
    Monday, June 6, 2011 7:02 PM