Problem Installing WHS Connector RRS feed

• Question

• I had problems with WHS so I uninstalled it.

When I go to install connector software from CD or Server the installation proceeds but during the 'copy newfiles' stage I get an error writing to file "C:\Program Files\Windows Home Server\WHSTrayApp.exe" Verify that you have access to that directoty.

I don't why this is happening & I don't know how to fix.

Can anyone help!

Thursday, January 3, 2013 6:55 AM

All replies

• I found the problem, the new antivirus software I installed in finding a virus in the WHSTrayApp.exe file and deleting it.

Does any know where I can get WHS 2003 32 bit version (virus free) of the WHSTrayApp.exe file?

Friday, January 4, 2013 9:33 AM
  • If you're doing an installation from CD, assuming that this is the original CD, I would not expect there to be a virus in the file. Perhaps your antivirus software is reporting a false positive?
    Friday, January 4, 2013 9:45 AM
  • It's unlikely the installation files on your server are infected, and it's impossible that the ones on CD are (assuming the CD is a Microsoft-branded CD rather than something you downloaded and burned). So your AV software is delivering a "false positive".

You will need to contact the AV vendor to get this corrected.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)

Friday, January 4, 2013 10:34 PM
  • The fact that I have annother pc (64bit) connected to WHS, so when I go to do an installation onto my laptop (affected) from the CD the installation process locates WHS and downloads the software from there and not from the CD.

To over come that I would have to uninstall WHS connect from both computers and start again, just was not keen to that yet.

I'm thinking the WHS installation software on the server might have the virus file...server has no antivirus software...but it does not access the internet exept for WHS updates.

How would I check for a false positive?

Friday, January 4, 2013 11:49 PM