none
Windows Update NOT Working. How to upgrade to Windows 10

Question

• Not sure I am in the right forum.

I have a Lenovo Ideapad S10-3t running Windows 7 32 bit. Doing a factory reset, straight upgrade to Service Pack 1, Windows Update will stop working.

Meaning: each time I try to update, Windows update will go into an infinite loop, never to return. Will perform Update forever.

Yes, I have tried all fix tools Microsoft has provided, such as Fix It and Windows Update Fix It. None of them worked or did me any good.

Yes, I have tried to manually fix Windows Update. Did not work, still infinite loop.

Yes, I have tried uninstalling all programs installed on the Tablet and then running Windows Update. None of these uninstalls did me any good.

Yes, I have tried to manually kill all programs running on the tablet. None of them did me any good, Windows Update would still hang.

The only idea I have left is to upgrade to Windows 10 and pray to God that Windows Update will start working, magically.

Is there any, I mean ANY Windows 10 install method that DOES NOT use Windows Update, or DOES NOT CALL Windows Update in any shape or form?

Because the MOMENT that P.O.S. Windows Update is called for whatever reason, the tablet SHALL go into an infinite loop, never to return.

Many thanks as I have already lost one week over this.

Sunday, February 21, 2016 12:02 PM

Answers

All replies