Strange Latest post RRS feed

• Question

• Please take a look at the highlighted date

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Monday, January 7, 2013 10:35 PM

Answers

All replies

• I saw similar earlier today when one of the forums in my list of latest forums showed the most recent activity was yesterday, when it should have been a few minutes ago. Refresh did not help. It eventually showed correctly, but I don't know what I did to "fix" it.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Monday, January 7, 2013 11:00 PM
  • Right now it still shows incorrect date for that forum for me.

My blog

Monday, January 7, 2013 11:25 PM
  • I have seen the same thing with the Visual Basic forum from time to time over the last week or so. The last time was a few hours ago although it is correct now.  When I enter the forum, the more recent posts are visible even when the "Last Post" date/time is wrong.
    Tuesday, January 8, 2013 12:31 AM
  • I re-checked again - I still see the wrong date for that forum (I am accessing it from My Forums). Which date do you see for that forum now?

My blog

Tuesday, January 8, 2013 3:48 AM
  • I typed SQL Server in the "Find a Forum" search box and then chose "SQL Server" from the search results. That took me to http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/sqlserver which shows October 01 as the date of the last post in the SQL Server XML forum. [Edit] Of course that is incorrect as going to the forum shows a post that is less than 15 hours old.
    • Edited by Blackwood Tuesday, January 8, 2013 4:52 AM added last sentence
    Tuesday, January 8, 2013 4:50 AM
  • It eventually showed correctly, but I don't know what I did to "fix" it.

"It" = the forum or the thread?  

In the case of Naomi's example, it looks as if Edits are not counted as Last Reply in a thread preview display but are used when sorting a forum by Most Recent Post.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sqlxml/thread/3013785b-7f19-4a51-92fa-c47d002acc5a#f270df5a-32c2-4efb-97bd-d85611c80ac4

Edited by                     mbourgon<abbr class="affil"></abbr>                 Monday, January 07, 2013 3:01 PM

---

• Marked as answer by Naomi N Tuesday, January 8, 2013 4:23 PM
    Tuesday, January 8, 2013 4:18 PM
  • Hi Robert,

I think you identified the bug correctly. I think it should be sorted in both cases by Last Reply and not by the Last Edit.

Although if the edit was done in the older thread, it is easy to miss such edit.

My blog

• Edited by Naomi N Tuesday, January 8, 2013 4:25 PM
    Tuesday, January 8, 2013 4:23 PM