No Audio in Windows Movie Maker 5.1 RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to import video from a VHS tape to a computer using Windows Movie Maker 5.1, but I receive no audio in the preview or captured video, even though I can hear the audio in other programs, i.e. my ATI multimedia center.

I am using an HP Pavilion a620n, AMD Athlon XP 3200+, 1G RAM, 7200 RPM Ultra DMA Hard Drive, ATI Radeon ALL-in-Wonder 9600 Pro with 128MB Video RAM, and Realtek AC87 Internal Sound card.  I am using Windows XP Service Pack 3, and I believe that all the drivers are correctly updated.  I am importing both video and audio through the ATI card.

The system recognizes my video capture device as "ATI T200 AVStream Analog Capture," and I set the video input source to "Composite," as I only get static with "TV Tuner."  However, there is no audio whether I select any of the Realtek AC97 Audio Device (for any of the possible lines), nor if I select ATI T200 AVStream analog audio capture (though I can hear the static if I set it to this, plus the TV Tuner).
    Tuesday, November 24, 2009 9:15 PM

Answers

• This forum is for Windows Home Server only. You should go to another forum (maybe XP?) ... isn't Movie Maker 5.1 really old?
    Tuesday, November 24, 2009 11:45 PM

All replies

• This forum is for Windows Home Server only. You should go to another forum (maybe XP?) ... isn't Movie Maker 5.1 really old?
    Tuesday, November 24, 2009 11:45 PM
  • There is no Windows Movie Maker 5.1; if you have Windows XP you have version 2.1 or 2.5, most likely. The XP forums are here .
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Wednesday, November 25, 2009 3:00 AM