How do I reinstate IRM credentials to open a workbook? I have been opening this workbook for months and now it tells me I do not have credentials. Can't understand why. Help!! RRS feed

• General discussion

• I use office 2007.  I protected a file using Information Rights Management. 
    Just now I get the message

You do not have credentials that allow you to open the workbook.  You can request updated permission from pdq@shaw.ca (that is me) Do you want to request updated permsission. 

When I answer Yes, all that comes up is outlook with my email address. 
    Any suggestions.

• Changed type JimR1Moderator Saturday, November 21, 2009 7:27 PM
    • Moved by Stephen BootsMVP, Moderator Monday, November 23, 2009 5:02 PM off topic MSE (From:Microsoft Security Essentials: Getting Started and Upgrading)
    Saturday, November 21, 2009 6:25 PM

All replies

• This forum is for the discussion of Microsoft Security Essentials antimalware. You can get help with Microsoft Office products here - http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Saturday, November 21, 2009 7:29 PM
  • Hi JimR1,
    Thanks for the suggestion for discussion.  What I am looking for is a solution.  Any suggestions?
    Saturday, November 21, 2009 10:59 PM
  • Hi JimR1,
    Thanks for the suggestion for discussion.  What I am looking for is a solution.  Any suggestions?

Yes, go to the correct place to ask a question regarding Office programs.
    -steve
    ~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Monday, November 23, 2009 5:01 PM