none
WMI:Getting Invalid Class Error when running (POWERSHELL, WMIC) shell command through another program

Question

• I am trying to get PCoIP Statistics which are available through WMI, I use following command for WMIC
    wmic path Win32_PerfRawData_TeradiciPerf_PCoIPSessionNetworkStatistics
    or with powershell
    powershell Get-WmiObject -namespace "root\cimv2" -computername computer01 -class Win32_PerfRawData_TeradiciPerf_PCoIPSessionNetworkStatistics
    However when I tried to run either command forked through another process, in this case it was python, and piping the stdout, I am getting Invalid class error like below.
    Get-WmiObject : Invalid class
        At line:1 char:14
        + Get-WmiObject <<<  -namespace root\cimv2 -computername computer01 -class
         Win32_PerfRawData_TeradiciPerf_PCoIPSessionNetworkStatistics
            + CategoryInfo          : InvalidOperation: (:) [Get-WmiObject], ManagementException
            + FullyQualifiedErrorId : GetWMIManagementException,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.GetWmiObjectCommand
    if it helps, the output of powershell command through command prompt is
        __GENUS                   : 2
        __CLASS                   : Win32_PerfRawData_TeradiciPerf_PCoIPSessionNetworkS
                                    tatistics
        __SUPERCLASS              : Win32_PerfRawData
        __DYNASTY                 : CIM_StatisticalInformation
        __RELPATH                 : Win32_PerfRawData_TeradiciPerf_PCoIPSessionNetworkS
                                    tatistics.Name="PCoIP Session"
        __PROPERTY_COUNT          : 19
        __DERIVATION              : {Win32_PerfRawData, Win32_Perf, CIM_StatisticalInfo
                                    rmation}
        __SERVER                  : DEMO-VSGA-WS01
        __NAMESPACE               : rootcimv2
        __PATH                    : \DEMO-VSGA-WS01rootcimv2:Win32_PerfRawData_Terad
                                    iciPerf_PCoIPSessionNetworkStatistics.Name="PCoIP S
                                    ession"
        Caption                   :
        Description               :
        Frequency_Object          : 0
        Frequency_PerfTime        : 10000000
        Frequency_Sys100NS        : 10000000
        Name                      : PCoIP Session
        RoundTripLatencyms        : 284
        RXBWkbitPersec            : 22034
        RXBWPeakkbitPersec        : 4
        RXPacketLossPercent       : 112
        RXPacketLossPercent_Base  : 28805
        Timestamp_Object          : 0
        Timestamp_PerfTime        : 299873128867
        Timestamp_Sys100NS        : 130641888164850000
        TXBWActiveLimitkbitPersec : 1832
        TXBWkbitPersec            : 75615
        TXBWLimitkbitPersec       : 90000
        TXPacketLossPercent       : 7
        TXPacketLossPercent_Base  : 30942

I also tried using python module WMI
    hostname = os.getenv('COMPUTERNAME', '')
    c = wmi.WMI (hostname, namespace="root\\cimv2")
    print c.Win32_PerfRawData_TeradiciPerf_PCoIPSessionNetworkStatistics
    I am getting following error
    print c.Win32_PerfRawData_TeradiciPerf_PCoIPSessionNetworkStatistics
          File "c:\users\ramesh~1\appdata\local\temp\easy_install-tlfipc\WMI-1.4.9-py2.7
        -win32.egg.tmp\wmi.py", line 1147, in __getattr__
          File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\win32com\client\dynamic.py", line 522, in
        __getattr__
            raise AttributeError("%s.%s" % (self._username_, attr))
        AttributeError: winmgmts://computer01/root/cimv2.Win32_PerfRawData_TeradiciP
        erf_PCoIPSessionNetworkStatistics

Can this be related to impersonation and authentication level of caller?

**UPDATE**

I moved the powershell command to a bat file, when I run the bat file through CMD, it's again working fine.
    u
    When Popen through python, it showing same error. If it helps I am using python code.

p = subprocess.Popen ('bat.bat',stdout=subprocess.PIPE, stderr=subprocess.STDOUT)
        print p.stdout.read()

I tried listing the classes under the namespace, the class was listed when the bat file was called through CMD, when through Popen, none of Teradici's classes were available. The command line in bat.bat is

powershell Get-WmiObject -namespace "root\cimv2" -computername computer01 -list

is there anything to do with security context of caller or something?

• Moved by Just KarlModerator Friday, January 9, 2015 6:22 PM Looking for the proper forum.
    Sunday, December 28, 2014 9:01 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

The Windows Desktop Perfmon and Diagnostic tools forum is to discuss performance monitor (perfmon), resource monitor (resmon), and task manager, focusing on HOW-TO, Errors/Problems, and usage scenarios.

As the question is off topic here, I am moving it to the Where is the Forum... forum.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join ('6F6C646B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Friday, January 9, 2015 6:21 PM
  • Hello,

You should ask in the Windows PowerShell forum.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join ('6F6C646B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Friday, January 9, 2015 6:21 PM