Off Topic: Converting Trial Version of Office 2007...? RRS feed

• General discussion

• I received an "Offer" for a Trial Version of Office 2007 Pro, based on "Student" attendance... at a reduced price point. I am approaching the end of the trial, and because my College was not on the list... I had to submit it via another form. I was supposed to get confirmation on that acceptance with in a week, according to the statements in the Offer, followed by this secondary form. I've contacted Microsoft "Twice" to inquire about both the acceptance of my particular College, and the "Lower" than usual price point of my software upgrade. I have not had any reply, other than confirmation of my "request" and its been nearly two weeks since my last attempt to establish the Offer Price.

At this point I am unsure what to do, the trial period ends in a few weeks... As your no doubt well aware, when Office 2007 is installed it "Overwrites" all existing files from previous versions of Office... (ex: Office 2000 Pro) All my school work is now in Office 2007, and if this Trial ends, before I get the "Price" that was offered... because I can not afford the upgrade otherwise, I am afraid that I'll loose all my documents or at the very least, they will be completely "Corrupted" or for some other result/cause unknown...?

I have OneCare, and thought that this may be a way to get some action on the issue... or at least a recommendation as to what steps I need to take to get this straightened out... The "Current" offers that I've been seeing with the "Convert" notices are not what I was offered initially... and it would appear that my efforts are being ignored. I'd appreciate any assistance you can provide...

Just a minor side note, the "Spell Check" ratio is pretty "LOW" about half the words are not even remotely close to the actual word shown, let alone corrections. It didn't even recognize "Microsoft" as a word...!

Thank You
    Sunday, December 14, 2008 10:12 PM

All replies

• I don't know where else to send you. Go back to the offer and look for contact or support information contained therein.
    Yes, the spell checker is pretty worthless. Unfortunately, it renders my use of IE7Pro's spell checker useless due to the Ajax code of the forum software. :-(
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare Forum Moderator
    Monday, December 15, 2008 3:29 PM
  • I do apprecate the "help" but that is precisley what I've done now, "Twice..." and apparently they appear to be "Sitting on my reply" or something. I get a auto reply stating that my email was received and assigning a tracking code to it... which I included in my follow-ups. Yet I have not gotten any response... Just thought I'd try here for another point of view...

[As for the spell checker, sometime ago I down loaded "ie Spell" and it did work, but instead of clicking within the dialogue box as usual, you need to click "outside' of it... and then it opens, although today for some reason it was not working. The ieSpell... I find works pretty well (somewhere around 90%) when there is no spell check as often is the case with dialogue boxes... My spelling/typing is something I've been working on, but spell check does help.]
    Monday, December 15, 2008 4:02 PM