none
MCP Enterprise Application Developer 3.5 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Folks,

Apologies if this question has been asked a million times but I need to see the answer in black and white :)

We are going for Gold Certification in Application Integration and I have been told I need to become MCP in this area: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/mcpd.aspx#tab2

Can someone confirm how many exams I need to sit (2,3?), do I need the (TS: Microsoft .NET Framework – Application Development Foundation) and then (PRO: Designing and Developing Enterprise Applications Using the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5) or do I also need to sit the (TS: Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 – Windows Communication Foundation Application Development) too?

*Note I am currently a MCTS so I will need to do all the exams...

Thanks

Cheers

Monday, December 6, 2010 12:28 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I first had to check the requirements myself, because it wasn't really clear to me, what you need exactly from what you wrote.

Ok, one optin to apply for the Application Integration Competency on Gold level is for a company to employ 4 MCPD Enterprise Applications Developer 3.5.

You need to take these 6 exams:

Exam 70-536 TS: Microsoft .NET Framework – Application Development Foundation
    Exam 70-505 TS: Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 – Windows Forms Application Development
    Exam 70-562 TS: Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5, ASP.NET Application Development
    Exam 70-561 TS: Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5, ADO.NET Application Development
    Exam 70-503 TS: Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 – Windows Communication Foundation Application Development
    Exam 70-565 PRO: Designing and Developing Enterprise Applications Using the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5

Maybe you will find this link easier to understand (The one you gave sems to be old and no longer updated? At least I didn't see the new 4.0 exams - but maybe I just didn't look good enough. The information above is also on the page you linked!):
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/cert-vstudio.aspx#tab3

Good luck with all the exams.

With kind regards,

Konrad

• Marked as answer by BaileAthaAbu Monday, December 6, 2010 9:03 PM
    Monday, December 6, 2010 6:17 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi,

I first had to check the requirements myself, because it wasn't really clear to me, what you need exactly from what you wrote.

Ok, one optin to apply for the Application Integration Competency on Gold level is for a company to employ 4 MCPD Enterprise Applications Developer 3.5.

You need to take these 6 exams:

Exam 70-536 TS: Microsoft .NET Framework – Application Development Foundation
    Exam 70-505 TS: Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 – Windows Forms Application Development
    Exam 70-562 TS: Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5, ASP.NET Application Development
    Exam 70-561 TS: Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5, ADO.NET Application Development
    Exam 70-503 TS: Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 – Windows Communication Foundation Application Development
    Exam 70-565 PRO: Designing and Developing Enterprise Applications Using the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5

Maybe you will find this link easier to understand (The one you gave sems to be old and no longer updated? At least I didn't see the new 4.0 exams - but maybe I just didn't look good enough. The information above is also on the page you linked!):
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/cert-vstudio.aspx#tab3

Good luck with all the exams.

With kind regards,

Konrad

• Marked as answer by BaileAthaAbu Monday, December 6, 2010 9:03 PM
    Monday, December 6, 2010 6:17 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi Konrad,

Thanks for the detailed explanation, 6 exams sheesh, not what I expected.

I think it's time for my company to reassess its Gold Certification vision for the immediate future.

Cheers

Monday, December 6, 2010 9:03 PM