Windows crashes to blue screen when backing up using OneCare RRS feed

• Question

•  

OneCare was running on a friends computer and backing up succeessfully to an external USB hard drive until I changed her internal (boot) hard drive to a larger drive. I used the program that came with the hard drive to miagrate all of her data and programs from the old hard drive to the new one, and all of her programs work fine except for OneCare backup.  Now whenever backup attemps to run, the computer crashes to a blue screen that says that windows has stopped to prevent damage to the computer.  I have tried unistalling and re-installing OneCare but the problem persists.    

The behavior started exactly when I changed the internal hard drive for a larger one so I guess there is a registry entry that is somehow identifying the wrong drive size.  What can I do to fix this?

Best regards,

Aelloy

Monday, December 31, 2007 7:00 PM

Answers

• That is an unusual problem. Please contact support for help if an uninstall and reinstall of OneCare failed to resolve the problem.

How to reach support - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

If it fails to validate your subscription, select the option that you are using a trial or beta copy and you can proceed to email support without validation once you've signed in.

-steve

Wednesday, January 2, 2008 1:07 AM