NAV vs. AX Comparison RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I know that this question is a bit off-topic in CRM forum, though, I did not find a MSDN forum for NAV/AX. I'm quiet sure that I'm not the first person asking that question but I cannot find a matching thread.

I'm looking for a comparison of Microsoft Dynamics NAV (Navision) and AX (Axapta). Prefered somewhere at microsoft.com pages.

I found several source which say:

• Below 250 Users (don't know if per seat or concurrent) take NAV; above take AX
    • If company has only one location take NAV; otherwise AX
    These are generally a nice statements, but I'm missing the "Why the one or the other?".

We are a mid-sized company looking for a new ERP system and we decided to take Dynamics. We are about 170 people in one location so NAV seems to be the right decision. However, why is AX not the right choice?

I know that AX supports financial accounting for different countries in one system and AX provides some sync modules to manage distributed database servers. But why is NAV the better for us? Is AX more expensive? Does NAV provide some more features?

I'd really apprechiate a link or something alike that explains those "why"s.

Thanks a bunch!
    Flo

Friday, August 20, 2010 12:59 PM

Answers

All replies