External Editor Javascript - CRM 2011 RRS feed

• Question

• How do I edit the javascript in an external editor after I have converted my initial js to webresource ?

In CRM 4.0 I have used external javascript files. This would speed up my development. (as soon as you save the js file the change is reflected)

I am looking something similar in 2011 in a supported way.

Is there a way other than to modify the js file externally and update the webresource everytime I make a change. (This is not easy when you make lot of trial and error and while debugging using the old way by javascript alerts)

Thursday, April 7, 2011 2:17 PM

Answers

All replies

• Microsoft has been working on a Developer Toolkit to make this (and some other things) a little easier, but so far there seem to be only preview versions of that for a limited audience, and it's a bit clumsy to use (you have to edit and upload the file from Visual Studio and then go into the CRM to publish it).

Other than that, Stunnware had something more sophisticated for CRM 4 and will likely do the same for 2011, but so far they haven't released anything either.

Thursday, April 7, 2011 2:52 PM
  • Check out the SDK\Templates\Xrm.PageScriptProjectTemplate folder in the CRM SDK 5.0.3.

This folder includes the Microsoft Visual Studio extensions and Microsoft Dynamics CRM Solution files to support JScript IntelliSense and limited testing of JScript Libraries that use the Xrm.Page object within Microsoft Dynamics CRM forms. This is called the Xrm.Page Script Library Template.

The Readme.docx file in this location describes how to install and use this solution.

MS CRM Bing'd - http://bingsoft.wordpress.com
    Useful Tools  CRM 4 to CRM 2011 JavaScript Converter Tool
    CRM 2011 OData Query Designer
    CRM Forum Guidance on how to Help Us Help You
    Monday, May 2, 2011 11:02 AM