<Speak this translation> from Bing RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Is it possible to slow down the voice generated with <Speak this translation> in the rigth window of the Bing Translator. It works properly but very quickly for me. I'm trying to improve my english listening text aloud.

Thanks,

Juan 1005

Sunday, April 21, 2013 6:42 AM

Answers

• Hi Juan,

Thank you for your feedback on our Speak feature!  The “Speak” feature (or, so called “text-to-speech”) is trying to speak as natural as possible.  So, its speed is as close as possible to that of a native speaker.  It is true that for non-native speakers, it might be too fast.  Enabling users to control the speed of the Speak feature will certainly open up the possibility of using this feature for language learning purposes.  We appreciate your feedback!  Takako (Microsoft Translator Team)

Monday, April 22, 2013 10:25 PM

All replies

• Hi Juan,

Thank you for your feedback on our Speak feature!  The “Speak” feature (or, so called “text-to-speech”) is trying to speak as natural as possible.  So, its speed is as close as possible to that of a native speaker.  It is true that for non-native speakers, it might be too fast.  Enabling users to control the speed of the Speak feature will certainly open up the possibility of using this feature for language learning purposes.  We appreciate your feedback!  Takako (Microsoft Translator Team)

Monday, April 22, 2013 10:25 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for this tool. I'd to suggest that translate from: window have the speak this translation option. When we are studying another idiom we want to know the translation and how to speak. And another suggestion is about to have a icon to select the text (in both windows). Thank you.

Tuesday, July 2, 2013 1:55 PM