none
Help !!! Windows 10 License issue !!! Help

Question

• I tried windows 10 insider for few weeks, got frustrated by a system thread exception unhandled error and formatted my pc .

I have a windows 7 ultimate genuine dvd with product key. so installed it . i wasn't able to reserve windows 10 because of service pack 1 update error. so downloaded windows 10 pro ,made a bootable usb and then performed a clean install.

Now how do i activate windows 10 pro with my windows 7 ultimate key . Its not taking windows 7 key so how do i reserve & activate my license when i already installed windows 10 ?  

• Edited by Virajith Wednesday, July 29, 2015 1:31 PM
    • Moved by Noel D PatonEditor Saturday, August 08, 2015 7:38 AM not a Win7 WGA problem
    Wednesday, July 29, 2015 1:30 PM

Answers

All replies

• Same Problem-Mine is a Surface Pro 3 and it won't even let me reinstall the Win8.1.

As this seems to be a common problem, surely Microsoft can give us an ONLINE form where we can type in our existing license key and it will generate one that WORKS!!!

• Proposed as answer by Tips-Ltd Thursday, July 30, 2015 6:48 AM
    • Edited by Tips-Ltd Thursday, July 30, 2015 6:50 AM
    Wednesday, July 29, 2015 4:51 PM
  • I have the same problem, except I was able to reserve my version of windows 10.. I was able to start it and install it, but I wanted a clean version so I made a usb key like it said and reinstalled it (after formatting) now it won't take my windows 7 key and i'm stuck with windows 10 not activated.
    Thursday, July 30, 2015 12:55 AM
  • I have the same problem, except I was able to reserve my version of windows 10.. I was able to start it and install it, but I wanted a clean version so I made a usb key like it said and reinstalled it (after formatting) now it won't take my windows 7 key and i'm stuck with windows 10 not activated.

me too

Thursday, July 30, 2015 4:00 AM
  • Same problem. Instead of going through the hassle of doing a clean install of windows 7, and then doing yet another upgrade, i bought the product key off the Windows app store. Paid through paypal, and it still won't activate. Nor did MS send a product code. I've gone through 3 reps so far trying to get a product code to no avail.

I'm on the verge of just submitting it as a fraudulent charge and just acquiring the OS through other means.

Thursday, July 30, 2015 4:10 AM
  • All Windows 10 Questions should be addressed to the proper Windows 10 Community forums here...

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install-winactivate 

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
    CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    No - I do not work for Microsoft, or any of its contractors.

Sunday, August 02, 2015 8:29 AM
    Answerer