Want to Leave Pre-Recorded Voicemail From Dynamics CRM RRS feed

• Question

• We have a sales staff that makes 50-100 calls each per day. Most of the time they end up getting connected to someone's voicemail, waiting to listen to the voicemail greeting, then leaving the same message over and over dozens of times a day.  

We want a solution to automate the leaving of those repetitive voicemails.  I know there are some solutions out there that do that. Most are with dialers that auto dial where user can click a button when they realize they are listening to a VM greeting, and the system will wait for the greeting to end then leave a pre-recorded message.  This would be ideal, but most of these seem to be 3rd party providers that have their own CRM or do not easily integrate with Dynamics CRM.  The time-saving aspect of auto-moving to the next call is great, but the real killer feature for us is not having to say the same message over and over.  

Are there any add-ons that will do this (we're on version 4 but will be moving to 2011 in a couple months) - or any way that we can do it without an add-on?

Wednesday, July 23, 2014 5:23 PM

All replies

• That likely depends a lot on what softphone system you're using, assuming you're using a softphone.  I'd start there and look for integration tools from your softphone to Dynamics CRM.

Beyond that, I would recommend an outside of CRM solution, record the message on a device that can do line-in and line-out and install it physically in the phone setup.  Then just have the users press play.  Not as time-saving, but it is voice-saving.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

Wednesday, July 23, 2014 8:26 PM
  • I'm very interested in the same requirement.  Do you have any suggestions for different softphone vendors or different scenarios of how this could work with different vendors?  

This seems to me to be a very simple requirement - but every solution I've seen described that integrates with Dynamics CRM is very much overkill - IVR/VRU, call queues, predictive dialing, etc.  Some other phone system vendors described some hack-ish solutions - like forwarding the calls to a number that goes to an announcement that is pre-recorded.  This approach could not guarantee the transfer started at the right time to not have too much of a delay for the receiving voicemail system to "hear" the message.   There were also other scenarios where the system would not appropriately hang-up.
    Tuesday, September 16, 2014 6:21 PM
  • Well, the thing is it isn't a CRM solution, per se.  It's a phone system solution.  So find the phone system that does this and then work back to CRM from there.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

Friday, September 19, 2014 7:21 PM