Microsoft Money, Windows10, New entry in the register causes money to exit with an error RRS feed

• Question

• I managed to get Microsoft Money working by the Reg Edit fix but  now every time I try to make a new entry into an account money crashes (exits) with an error message ( that I cannot see). I have tried repairing the money file and that worked fine but end result is the same. I cannot add a new entry. Any ideas or solutions?

Monday, August 17, 2015 7:50 PM

All replies

• I did  the Reg Edit fix and was able to enter transactions yesterday but cannot enter today???

Monday, August 17, 2015 10:02 PM
  • I managed to get Microsoft Money working by the Reg Edit fix but  now every time I try to make a new entry into an account money crashes (exits) with an error message ( that I cannot see). I have tried repairing the money file and that worked fine but end result is the same. I cannot add a new entry. Any ideas or solutions?

IanBux,

Have you tried running MS Money in compatibility mode?

Monday, August 17, 2015 10:13 PM
  • No I haven't. However I did the following as CMD Admin 

I ran DISM/online/cleanup-image/restorehealth then Sfc/scannow 

to clean up files and for some unknown reason it appears to have fixed the problem. I am using Money without a problem at the moment but it will take a few more days before I feel confident that its fixed.

Tuesday, August 18, 2015 8:17 AM