Backup problem for just one machine RRS feed

• Question

• I have a problem backing up one of my machines to WHS but no problem with the other two.  The backup proceeds on this particular machine about 10-15% of the way and then stops, with no error message or any indication of the problem but the system continues to show that that machine needs to be backed up.  I have been able to backup this machine in the past but no luck in the last 15 days.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

regards,

Malcolm

Wednesday, October 17, 2007 2:18 PM

All replies

• Malcolm,

What does the panel say when you check on that particular backup via the backup Tab in the Console? Also, you say it's backed up successfully in the past, have you changed anything on the Client or Router that could have affected the process? Also, is there any indications in the Log files of the Server?

One problem that happened a few times in the past, was that there were failures due to the network card in the Client - either changing the drivers, or changing the settings from Auto to fixed speed sometimes helped.

Colin

Wednesday, October 17, 2007 5:35 PM
  • Colin,

Thanks for the reply.  Actually finally found the problem this am.  I had previously run CHKDSK /F on the system in question and did not affect the issue but when I ran CHKDSK /F /R it found and repaired other errors and now I am able to backup this particular system.

thanks,

Malcolm

Wednesday, October 17, 2007 6:22 PM