Creating System Partition failed: The Server threw an exception (Error Code 0x80010105) RRS feed

• Question

• i bought windows home server and i wanted to install it on an old computer that i still have. It's an AMD Athlon XP with 2,0 Ghz and 1 GB RAm the computer has got an HDD with 120 GB and is made by Seagate.
    And i don't know how to install i now ... i got hte tip that theres a problem with the drivers, but i didn't find a driver for th motherboard... it's an Leadtek K7ncr18d Pro2 with an nforce 2 chipset
    i would be pleased for every tip! Thank You

Nico
    • Moved by kariya21Moderator Saturday, February 21, 2009 11:56 PM Installation question (Moved from Windows Home Server Software to Windows Home Server Hardware and Installation)
    Saturday, February 21, 2009 10:08 PM

All replies

• Nico Van Gerwen said:

i bought windows home server and i wanted to install it on an old computer that i still have. It's an AMD Athlon XP with 2,0 Ghz and 1 GB RAm the computer has got an HDD with 120 GB and is made by Seagate.
    And i don't know how to install i now ... i got hte tip that theres a problem with the drivers, but i didn't find a driver for th motherboard... it's an Leadtek K7ncr18d Pro2 with an nforce 2 chipset
    i would be pleased for every tip! Thank You

Nico

What type of drive is it (PATA or SATA)?  How far does it get before you get that error message?  Have you tried a different hard drive?
    Saturday, February 21, 2009 11:58 PM