none
Unread RRS feed

• Question

• Any idea when the Unread checkbox is going to be fixed?

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

Thursday, March 7, 2013 4:19 PM

Answers

All replies

• There is almost never an ETA on bug fixes, or even IF they will be fixed.
    • Proposed as answer by Naomi N Thursday, March 7, 2013 7:11 PM
    • Marked as answer by Richard MuellerMVP Sunday, March 31, 2013 1:10 AM
    Thursday, March 7, 2013 4:23 PM
  • When I send this problem to fissues about 4 weeks ago, I got the first reply that it will be solved on the next week planned update. After that week passed I sent a few more messages asking to clarify if there is a different definition of "next week" than the one the common folks use. I never got responses for my other emails about that new bug.

Now when I need to read unread messages I first go through the new messages using 'Unread' and then go manually through every page looking for italic.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Thursday, March 7, 2013 4:56 PM
  • ... I sent a few more messages asking to clarify if there is a different definition of "next week" than the one the common folks use.

Lol :) It seemed to start being intermittently flaky around the same time as the change to the layout in some of the forums whereby, if you are about fourth in the chain of replies, you get about 68 characters width for your code to fit in before you have to scroll sideways to see the rest of the line. Even 80x25 CRT displays managed better than that.

I guess the person working on the forum software is overworked </devil's advocate>.

--
    Andrew

Thursday, March 7, 2013 6:45 PM
  • I think there are several teams working on the forum's software. One team of programmers is in China. The manager's team is in US and they get issues escalated to them when the China team can not fix them. As a result we get what we get - lots of bugs. Although I think there always were some bugs, but not as many as lately. 

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Thursday, March 7, 2013 7:09 PM
  • Would second this. I saw several weeks it should be fixed but still doesn't work yet. Not being able to see what you don't have read seems quite a "must have" for a forum web site. Please fix this ASAP.

Please always mark whatever response solved your issue so that the thread is properly marked as "Answered".

Saturday, March 16, 2013 12:55 PM