website times out RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to go to a website that everyone seems to be able to get to but me.   My computer times out or says the site in unavailable.   While I was speaking with RoadRunner technicians,    trying to find the problem,  they could get right in, so  it seems to be a problem with my network system.   I have 3 computers hooked up to Windows Live OneCare as a network.  I can get into all other websites but this one.   

Could it have something to do with Windows Live OneCare?    I've tried turning the firewall off and still can't get in.

Help?????  

Saturday, October 4, 2008 12:10 AM

Answers

• I've moved your post to the Firewall topic from Off Topic where you posted.

No, this would not likely be caused by OneCare. However, you can try disabling the OneCare firewall temporarily to confirm this. It sounds more like a DNS problem. It could be a custom Hosts file on the PCs or it could be a problem with your router, if  not with RoadRunner.

Additionally, you don't have 3 computers hooked up to OneCare creating a network. What you have is 3 computers that are all running OneCare and are connected to your router. OneCare allows you to monitor the status of the other computers in your Circle, which is defined by the PCs on your subscription. OneCare does not provide the networking functionality.

-steve

Wednesday, October 8, 2008 5:17 PM