microsoft money..... RRS feed

• Question

• I have a new PC with windows 7. I have been using money 98 for business use on my old computer and have saved my money data to my external hard drive. Now what do i do....I understand I need to download money 2005 on my new computer than put data off extenal drive onto this but I cannot find anywhere to obtain money 2005.......what a headache...now to my understanding when i finally do find & download money 2005 onto my new computer I than transfer my 98 files (from my ext drive) on to that...then I presume I can than save that to my external and download say money sunset and put my 2005 money files on to that...is this correct...sounds simple to do but I am stuck...please help me
    Wednesday, November 28, 2012 3:06 AM

All replies

• See the first posting (sticky) on this forum about where to load the installation file appropriate to your country.

Thursday, November 29, 2012 2:45 AM
  • thank you cal, downloaded money 2005 (australia) & had no problems transferring the old 98 data to it.....now can i update from the 2005 to the sunset??? I see on the forum that you say US version only??? Do I still use this program (sunset US) or is there an äustralia"one??
    Sunday, December 2, 2012 3:15 AM
  • Money Plus cannot read your Australian file. So you will want to stick with Money 2005.

Money Plus does have some advantages. My favorite is that it will save mutiple versions of  backups. What you should do is to do that manually. Also save Money backups onto different media too, in case you get a hard disk crash.

If you really wanted to change, you could do QIF export and import. That is some work, and you lose some information in the process.

I am glad Money is working for you now.

Sunday, December 2, 2012 6:57 AM