My new windows live onecare cd isnt working?! RRS feed

• General discussion

• alright well on may 18,2009 i bought a new laptop & i had to buy a windows live onecare cd for 100$ from future shop. so today is april 19th and i have 30 days until my subscription is over but i havent used my cd yet. so today i uninstalled my windows live onecare and put the cd in and then installed it and it didnt ask for the product key, but it was workin fine for about 2 hours and then i put my computer to sleep mode and came back on later and it said my subscription is over in 30 days.

help?

Sunday, April 18, 2010 1:39 AM

All replies

• One Care is nearing end of life. See this post for options - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/0000c782-ed1b-4ed3-8afb-87989bb9638c

Jim

Microsoft MVP Consumer Security - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Sunday, April 18, 2010 5:41 PM
  • Note that you were not asked for a key because you already had a subscription *and* new subscriptions are no longer allowed. If the CD is unused you may be eligible for a refund. See the post that Jim linked to for information.

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Monday, April 19, 2010 1:12 AM