none
New MCSE Confusion ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys, 

New guy here, hope you can help,

Im looking into the new MCSE's and im a little bit unsure which one is right for me..

At present im a 2nd line Desktop Support technician with 4 years experience and i am CompTIA A+ certified. Im looking to move forward with my career into more of an infrastructure related role..

The new MCSE's im looking at are the Server Infrastructure or Private Cloud certifications. This leads me to my first question. I am unsure which certification would benefit me more in the route im looking to take with my career  ? i know that "Cloud" is the buzz word in the industry so maybe that's the answer im unsure ? any advice at all ?

So on the back of this it would seem the pre-requisite MCSA for Server 2012 is very very new and as such i cannot find any books i can purchase or training material to follow so i could learn from home ? The only option it would seem are expensive instructor led courses. Or am i missing something here ?

I want to start asap but im not sure how i can do this without the learning material ? 

any help much appreciated :) 

Friday, July 6, 2012 6:32 PM

Answers

• i would advise you to go for MCITP 1st before you think of any further certification :D CompTIA A+ is more into hardware and software and MCTS and MCITP are more depth into the Microsoft Software Technologies such as AD, Domain ... just to name a fews.

Saturday, July 7, 2012 9:30 AM

All replies

• I do not believe any training material is out yet. Server 2012 hasn't been published yet so there isn't any training material written on it. Expect once it hits store shelves that training material will be there 4 to 6 months after.

As for the right path - only you can decide that. If you want to go into server infrastructure I would suggest the MCSE server infrastructure role.

Friday, July 6, 2012 9:20 PM
  • i would advise you to go for MCITP 1st before you think of any further certification :D CompTIA A+ is more into hardware and software and MCTS and MCITP are more depth into the Microsoft Software Technologies such as AD, Domain ... just to name a fews.

Saturday, July 7, 2012 9:30 AM