[Mac] The application LiveMeshAgent quit unexpectedly RRS feed

• Question

• Hello.
    Everything was working perfectly until yesterday. I had the version 0.9.3715.831 on my MacBook running Leopard Mac OS X v10.5.6.

I noticed there was an update from Apple called Security Update 2009-001. After installing this update Live Mesh don't work properly. I reinstalled it and still no luck. It starts up and after a few seconds it displays the following dialogbox:

The application LiveMeshAgent quit unexpectedly - giving me the options to Ignore, Report, and Relaunch.

You can see a screenshot here -> http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/3552/livemesherroryy9.jpg
    (Another link -> http://img101.imageshack.us/my.php?image=livemesherroryy9.jpg )

I hope someone has a solution for this problem!!

Regards,
    -Satheesh-
    Monday, February 16, 2009 5:05 PM

Answers

All replies

• I recommend that you file a bug with logs per the information here.

And then I'd consider reinstalling Live Mesh to see if that resolves it.
    -steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Monday, February 16, 2009 7:39 PM
  • Ok, I've submitted the feedback report, attached the log and a screenshot of the problem.

https://connect.microsoft.com/LiveMesh/feedback/ViewFeedback.aspx?FeedbackID=415301

Stephen:
    I've already tried reinstalling it - no luck!

Monday, February 16, 2009 9:00 PM
  • Thanks for submitting the bug report and for providing a link back here.
    -steve
    Tuesday, February 17, 2009 6:38 PM
  • I have the EXACT same issue.

Just installed mesh on 2 Vista PC's without issue. My MacBook Live Mesh continues to crash, I tried uninstalling (AppZapper) and reinstalling, same issue.

Max OSX 10.5.6 (Intel MacBook)
    Live Mesh (Mac) 0.9.3715.812

I sure hope this can be resolved quickly.

Tom

There is no where like 127.0.0.1
    Wednesday, February 18, 2009 4:11 AM
  • Tom, you can add your repro to the original bug linked above or submit a new one yourself with your logs.
    -steve
    Wednesday, February 18, 2009 4:19 PM
  • Thanks, bug submitted.
    There is no where like 127.0.0.1
    Friday, February 20, 2009 6:27 AM
  • So, any progress here???
    Friday, February 20, 2009 9:45 AM
  • Satheesh.net said:

So, any progress here???

I would hope that your bug will be updated when the Live Mesh team makes progress on the problem, but in the meantime, have a look at Oren's findings in this thread:
    http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/LiveMesh/thread/43d7b1f3-1f7d-4c8f-954d-f8b0a7c9e0ee
    I'm not sure if it is at all related since I'm not a Mac user, but it might be a help for you.
    -steve
    Friday, February 20, 2009 2:29 PM
  • Stephen: I've tried Oren's tips, still no luck... This is really bad... Hope someone will shine a light in the near future. And hopefully I will hear from the team after submitting the bug. It's been a while now...

-Satheesh-
    Saturday, February 28, 2009 4:47 PM
  • any chance you could send through the "report" - check it first for any personal info, that could perhaps shed some light on the specific error that you are running into.

Oren
    Sunday, March 1, 2009 3:27 AM
  • Satheesh.net said:

Stephen: I've tried Oren's tips, still no luck... This is really bad... Hope someone will shine a light in the near future. And hopefully I will hear from the team after submitting the bug. It's been a while now...

-Satheesh-

Hi Satheesh,

We have a fix for this that we will be able to release very soon, so I have to ask for just a little more patience.  I know this bug is very irritating (as it makes Live Mesh unusable on some Macs) - we're looking forward to having this fixed as much as our customers are.  Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Ben.
    Monday, March 2, 2009 5:43 PM
  • Is there any further news on when this will be released?  Would really like to get the Live Mesh working on my MacBook again. 
    Tuesday, March 24, 2009 3:41 PM
  • Shaggy13spe said:

Is there any further news on when this will be released?  Would really like to get the Live Mesh working on my MacBook again. 

Hi,

We released an update for Live Mesh for Mac on March 4th that resolved a number of the Mac client crashing issues.  We're aware of at least one remaining bug that can cause the Mac client to quit unexpectedly.  If you have tried the solution here and are still seeing the problem, please go ahead and open a bug for us.

Thanks,

Ben.
    Tuesday, March 24, 2009 4:11 PM