none
An unauthorized chagned was made by windows

Question

• Help.

It appears that the official Microsort supplied/manufactured DVD was infected by a virus. It was only detected now, even thou the install was over four years ago.

Upon reboot, I got the infected virus notice:

"An unauthorized chagned was made by windows." I was then NOT able to log in, as it refused to accept my admin login information.

YES. The Install was properly installed and validated. It is a *MICROSOFT* virus that now has locked me out of the validated computer. There is nothing wrong or non genuine wiht my computer.

How do I delete/remove/castrate this MICROSOFT SUPPLIED VIRUS from my genuine copy of windows that is preventing proper operation of Vista?

• Edited by Darin Smith MS Tuesday, July 12, 2011 10:46 PM Updated post title to better reflect the issue
    Tuesday, July 12, 2011 12:03 AM

Answers

• "Wolphie" wrote in message news:d497a4bb-0356-426e-965e-06bab9fea384...

Help.

It appears that the official Microsort supplied/manufactured DVD was infected by a virus. It was only detected now, even thou the install was over four years ago.

"An unauthorized chagned was made by windows." I was then NOT able to log in, as it refused to accept my admin login information.

YES. The Install was properly installed and validated. It is a *MICROSOFT* virus that now has locked me out of the validated computer. There is nothing wrong or non genuine wiht my computer.

How do I delete/remove/castrate this MICROSOFT SUPPLIED VIRUS from my genuine copy of windows that is preventing proper operation of Vista?

The notification does NOT mean that you have a virus, but that a change has been made to Windows files that was not supposed to happen - yes, that may be the result of a virus , but one of the more common causes at present is actually an ANTI_Virus! (Which one are you using?)

First, try booting to Safe Mode and logging in there.
    Once you have, click on the Start button, and type MSCONFIG in the search box. Hit the Enter key.
    The System Configuration utility will come up - in the General tab, select the Diagnostic startup option, and click OK - accept the instruction to 'Restart now'
    allow the system to start up in Normal mode - hopefully you will be allowed to log in now

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Tuesday, July 12, 2011 7:36 AM

All replies

• "Wolphie" wrote in message news:d497a4bb-0356-426e-965e-06bab9fea384...

Help.

The notification does NOT mean that you have a virus, but that a change has been made to Windows files that was not supposed to happen - yes, that may be the result of a virus , but one of the more common causes at present is actually an ANTI_Virus! (Which one are you using?)

First, try booting to Safe Mode and logging in there.
    Once you have, click on the Start button, and type MSCONFIG in the search box. Hit the Enter key.
    The System Configuration utility will come up - in the General tab, select the Diagnostic startup option, and click OK - accept the instruction to 'Restart now'
    allow the system to start up in Normal mode - hopefully you will be allowed to log in now

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Tuesday, July 12, 2011 7:36 AM
  • No reply from the Original Poster.

Issue is assumed to be resolved.
    Darin MS
    Friday, July 15, 2011 7:30 PM