Distributed List Not receiving emails RRS feed

• Question

• I have a distribution list set up in Exchange and I am using that list's email address as the alias when setting up an email to send to the list. We are currently using Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook as the option for sending emails from CRM rather than the Email Router. For one reason or another, when I send the email none of the people in the list receive the email. However, if I select individual users and send them the email that way the emails are received. What am I doing wrong here? Why is the distributed list not receiving the email. Any ideas? I believe the way I set it up is the recommended way of setting up a distribution list in CRM. Any help or ideas are greatly appreciated. Thanks
    Monday, January 21, 2013 3:46 PM

Answers

• Sorry for the late reply. CRM was set up correctly, the issue was with Exchange 2010 Distribution lists security. By default the DL does not allow emails from external source. Once this was configured to allow, DL received emails as expected. Thanks
    • Marked as answer by valCrmDev2 Wednesday, February 6, 2013 12:41 AM
    Tuesday, February 5, 2013 11:43 PM

All replies

• Since you are using the Outlook Client to send emails the sent emails should show up in the Sent Items folder in Outlook.

Are you able to see the items (to individuals or aliases) int he Sent Items folder?

Do you have the Outlook Client up and running for the user that is sending the emails?

If you use the Advanced Find in CRM do you see any emails in the Sending or Pending state?

Are the Individuals setup as Users, Contacts, etc in CRM? How about the Alias, is that in CRM?

Monday, January 21, 2013 10:27 PM
  • Sorry for the late reply. CRM was set up correctly, the issue was with Exchange 2010 Distribution lists security. By default the DL does not allow emails from external source. Once this was configured to allow, DL received emails as expected. Thanks
    • Marked as answer by valCrmDev2 Wednesday, February 6, 2013 12:41 AM
    Tuesday, February 5, 2013 11:43 PM