Contract Line RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I wanto to modify security roles, so Customer Service don't see contract line "number", I've already disable it, but how come they still can see it ? How to prevent it ?

How to correct permission for creating case for Services ? Is it normal like that ?

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Krisna Ismayanto | My blogs: Krisna Ismayanto | Twitter: @ikrisna

Friday, February 10, 2012 11:24 AM

Answers

• It is not possible to meet your requirement without customizing CRM. Field-level security is not currently supported on system fields so it's not possible to hide the contract pricing fields from CSRs.

You will need to use custom pricing fields combined with field-level security or a custom entity to store contract pricing information.

Alternatively, you could use role-based forms and give CSRs a contract form with the pricing fields removed, but they could still use Advanced Find to see the pricing information if they really wanted to see it, so this method is easier and convenient but not completely secure.

Neil Benson, CRM Addict and MVP at Customery Ltd. Twitter. Join over 20,000 other CRM professionals on the Microsoft Dynamics CRM group on LinkedIn.

Saturday, February 11, 2012 3:12 PM

All replies

• There is no separate security privlege associated with the contract line entity, just the contract entity. But I do not understand what you mean by contract line "number". Are you referring to a custom field on the contract line entity -- in this case you will need to use field level security.

The standard security privileges for the Customer Service Representative security role are a useful set of privileges for creating cases and associating them with contracts.

Neil Benson, CRM Addict and MVP at Customery Ltd. You can reach me on LinkedIn or Twitter. Join over 10,000 other CRM professionals on the Microsoft Dynamics CRM group on LinkedIn.

Friday, February 10, 2012 1:11 PM
  • Hi Neil, 

What I mean is the pricing for each contract. I don't want they to see the price for the contract, I believe Sales/Marketing that have an authority for it, not CSR.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Krisna Ismayanto | My blogs: Krisna Ismayanto | Twitter: @ikrisna

Friday, February 10, 2012 3:05 PM
  • It is not possible to meet your requirement without customizing CRM. Field-level security is not currently supported on system fields so it's not possible to hide the contract pricing fields from CSRs.

You will need to use custom pricing fields combined with field-level security or a custom entity to store contract pricing information.

Alternatively, you could use role-based forms and give CSRs a contract form with the pricing fields removed, but they could still use Advanced Find to see the pricing information if they really wanted to see it, so this method is easier and convenient but not completely secure.

Neil Benson, CRM Addict and MVP at Customery Ltd. Twitter. Join over 20,000 other CRM professionals on the Microsoft Dynamics CRM group on LinkedIn.

Saturday, February 11, 2012 3:12 PM
  • So I have to delete existing field and replace it with custom field ?

But I've already Assign Security Roles at the Form to selected security roles, but the CSR still can see the form :(

Monday, February 13, 2012 10:02 AM
  • Yes: if you want to use field-level security, you will need to use custom pricing fields because you cannot apply field-level security to system fields.

If you are having problems using role-based forms, please consult the CRM help or post more details about the problem in a new forum post.

Neil Benson, CRM Addict and MVP at Customery Ltd. Join me on Twitter. Join over 20,000 other CRM professionals on the Microsoft Dynamics CRM group on LinkedIn.

Monday, February 13, 2012 12:32 PM