Import Fail crm 2011 to crm 2013 Legacy component issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

We are getting issues during organization import from crm 2011 to crm 2013 , the error is 

"We have detected the presence of legacy component(s) during upgrade, these components are not supported in Dynamics CRM 2013. Please refer to upgrade log file C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\MSCRM\Logs\LegacyFeatureCheck.xml for more information."

when we check log file it shows the error "ISV folder under CRM Website contains one or more files"

Even we removed everything from ISV folder , Iframe urls from app , solution which is using ISV urls ,plugins and custom workflows but still the error is same

Please help to resolve this issue .

Thank you

Sharique

Friday, December 6, 2013 2:37 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Please refer below blog having details about "Removal of the 2007 Endpoint and Legacy Features"

http://blog.simonjackson.info/2013/07/whats-changing-in-crm-2013-from-sdk.html

The following legacy Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 features will be removed or will no longer be supported in the next major product release:
    • ISV folder support for custom web applications
    • Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 plug-ins
    • Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 client-side scripting
    • Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 custom workflow activities

Also you can download a tool that can detect legacy feature on your server

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?LinkID=309565

Entire documentation is available at below article.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn281891.aspx

Hope this helps.

Ajay Chawla

• Edited by Ajay Chawla Saturday, December 7, 2013 6:07 AM added msdn link
    Saturday, December 7, 2013 6:06 AM
  • Hi Ajay

I have already checked our organization component in LegacyFeatureCheck Tool and its showing no legacy component 

but when i am going to import organization its giving above error(screen shot) and in C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\MSCRM\Logs\LegacyFeatureCheck.xml  its showing error in ISV folder that ,it contains some files(even i removed everything from there) and other things like web resources,plugin,workflows, 2007 web service endpoint are OK,

if some component is legacy then tool must show during check ,

Thank you

Sharique

Saturday, December 7, 2013 7:14 AM
  • Hi Ajay, I am getting the same thing. The tool syas everything is OK, the import log file doesn't have any file with problem but I still get stuck here. Did you find a solution?

Thanks

Shahab

Wednesday, February 4, 2015 3:37 PM
  • Hi Shahab and others

DId you find any solution to this.

I am trying to import organization and getting same error. but in legagcyFeatureCheck.xml there is no error

Tuesday, May 5, 2015 12:53 PM
  • Check the ISV folder in CRM 2013
    Wednesday, May 13, 2015 4:46 PM
  • If one of the components you had previously was C360, you will need to go to the C360 site and download their tool to completely remove the product. I have seen this cause problems during upgrades.

Jason Peterson

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 9:40 PM