How the heck can you????? RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to find a contact phone number for Windows Live Onecare but have been very unsuccessfull.  I have searched and searched and got so aggrevated that finally I had to take a nerve pill.  Is there anyone that can give me a contact number for them.  I am having a problem renewing and putting Onecare on my laptop and need to contact them asap.  I know they have one because I have spoke to them on the phone before but now cannot seem to find their number.

Thanks in advance

Monday, June 2, 2008 6:26 PM

Answers

• How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

Unofficial path - send me an email at sboots@mvps.org with a subject line including "OneCare" (to get past my spam filtering) and in the message body, tell me what country you are in, your forum nickname, and paste a link to the post to which you are replying. I am not online 24x7, so you may be waiting for a reply, but I'll do my best to hook you up with support.

However, if you can explain what the specific problem is that you are facing with renewal and installing, perhaps we can help.

This may help:

How to Renew a Subscription to Windows Live OneCare

And, if your problem with the laptop install is that it wants you to purchase a subscription: 

If you have an active subscription, which is what was created when you activated on the first computer, you need to use the same LiveID on the subsequent activations. You can't use the same key twice. If you are arriving at a screen to purchase or provide a token, you are likely not using the same LiveID as the subscription ID.

On the first PC, open OneCare and click Help and then About to see your Subscription ID. That is the LiveID to sign in with.

If you don't recall the LiveID you used for your subscription, you will need to contact support who can provide that information to you using your Key and/or contact information.

-steve

Tuesday, June 3, 2008 12:26 AM