CRM 2011 email router RRS feed

All replies

• Can you tell us a little bit more about your setup. 

• Are you CRM Online or On Premise. 
    • Is the e-mail router installed on the CRM Server or a different server
    • What account are you using as the login for the E-mail Router Service
    • What error message are you seeing on the Exchange Server
    • Please provide the details of the Incoming, Outgoing and Deployment Profiles

Regards, Donna

Sunday, July 10, 2011 9:41 PM
  • Yes, this is OnPremise, email router is installed on the crmserver, would moving it help?  I am using the same email router account we used in ver 4, it has all the correct access to crm, mailboxes and active directory.  Also, I tried with the exact same configuration that was in crm 4. I will have to check the error on Exchange server and let you know.

I checked and I do not see any errors in exchange.
    Sunday, July 10, 2011 10:46 PM
  • Actually, it is strange, I pointed the crm router from crm 4 to the crm 2010 deployment and it worked fine.  I wonder what is missing?

Also, I am using a new OS Server 2008 R2 along with the CRM 2010.

Sunday, July 10, 2011 11:09 PM
  • so it is working with your 2011 Org?  Isn't that what you wanted to acheive? 

Regards, Donna

Sunday, July 10, 2011 11:32 PM
  • yes it is, but i was hoping to get it working on the same server.  For some reason the same settings do not work on the crm 2011 server.  Is there a registry edit or something that needs to be changed?  The one in the article did no work.
    Sunday, July 10, 2011 11:38 PM
  • sorry, but I'm not understanding, above you say the router is installed on the CRM server but here you are saying it does not work on the crm 2011 server.  Do you have two CRM servers using the same Exchange server?

Also, please answer the questions not answered above:

• Please provide the details of the Incoming, Outgoing and Deployment Profiles

Do not use Local System as the login for the e-mail router service.

Regards, Donna

Monday, July 11, 2011 12:08 AM
  • Basically the crm router works from a separate machine, but I really need it to be installed on the same server due to limited resources. I am using the same setting on 2011 as the separate server and they work on one but not the other. I can figure it out.
    Monday, July 11, 2011 12:40 AM
  • I'm guessing it is either a security setting on the server or some configuration issue.  But it is challenging to guess  unless you provide the following information.

Please provide the details of the Incoming, Outgoing and Deployment Profiles
      Do not use Local System as the login for the e-mail router service.

If you don't want to provide the information, I understand.

Regards, Donna

Monday, July 11, 2011 1:21 AM
  • Hi,

It didnt worked for me also in CRM Server, later i have configured email router in one of the new Windows Server 2008 it worked perfectly.

Its strange.

Regards,

Khaja Mohiddin|||||http://www.dynamicsexchange.com/
    Monday, July 11, 2011 11:42 AM
  • so you set it up on a separate Windows 2008 Server?  Is there anything special you had to do beyond configuring it?
    Monday, July 11, 2011 1:34 PM
  • there should be no special configuration needed.  You should be able to run the e-mail router on the CRM server without issue. 

It is fairly difficult to guess at what might be wrong as it could be a number of things like security rights on the CRM server, deployment or other profile issues, some communication issue between the CRM server and exchange, etc.  Please ensure the user installing the E-mail router is a local admin, ensure that user has complete rights to the server directory, you are using a valid login for the E-mail Router service (by valid I mean one that has sufficient rights to Exchange), the login account for the router service should also be included in the PrivUserGroup.......

Regards, Donna

Monday, July 11, 2011 2:12 PM
  • No, there is nothing we need to set up and configure.

you just have to configure Email Router.

Regards,

Khaja Mohiddin|||||http://www.dynamicsexchange.com/
    Monday, July 11, 2011 2:57 PM
  • okay, thanks; for some reason though the emails are not sending out
    Monday, July 11, 2011 4:41 PM
  • This is a new issue.  You'll need to check the application log of the event viewer to discover the error.  Please create a new post with the error message and someone may be able to help. 

Regards, Donna

Monday, July 11, 2011 5:55 PM