Defrag RRS feed

• Question

• My HP notebook has two partitions. One for the OS and the other for the rebuild ISO.

I've made DVD's from that iso using HP's tool but hesitant on ditching the partition.  :-\

Can the defrag section be configured so it doesn't try to defrag the rebuild partition?
    Monday, April 21, 2008 2:21 PM

Answers

• The recovery partition is usually not visible to the operating system therefore most likely it won't be defragged. Unless you have a serious need for an extra gb or so of storage I suggest leaving the recovery partition in place.

Monday, April 21, 2008 2:46 PM
  • The log states "Not yet started" on the drive with the ISO.

It's a standard partition with the recovery file.

Thanks for the reply.
    Monday, April 21, 2008 2:58 PM
  • I believe I found a fix.

Within Disk Mangement, I removed the drive letter from the partition with the system rebuild ISO. That way, it doesn't show up.

If I need it, I just give it a letter and go.

Monday, April 21, 2008 4:18 PM

All replies

• The recovery partition is usually not visible to the operating system therefore most likely it won't be defragged. Unless you have a serious need for an extra gb or so of storage I suggest leaving the recovery partition in place.

Monday, April 21, 2008 2:46 PM
  • The log states "Not yet started" on the drive with the ISO.

It's a standard partition with the recovery file.

Thanks for the reply.
    Monday, April 21, 2008 2:58 PM
  • I believe I found a fix.

Within Disk Mangement, I removed the drive letter from the partition with the system rebuild ISO. That way, it doesn't show up.

If I need it, I just give it a letter and go.

Monday, April 21, 2008 4:18 PM