none
Geeting issue with Sheridan 3D Controls (Threed32.OCX) while upgrading VB6.0 to .Net 4.0 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team,

Good Day..

We are working on Migration of my project (VB 6.0 to .NET 4.0).

Our application used Sheridan 3D Controls (Threed32.OCX) and other thirdparty controls (Far Point Spread 2.5)  in Windows XP/7 32 bit.

While Upgrading VB 6.0 to .NET 4.0 in Win 7/10 64 bit OS, All the Sheridan control changed to Picture Box. We made some code changes and got converted AXThreed.AXSSPanel.

But My Questions are

1. Is Sheridan 3D Controls (Threed32.OCX) is thirdparty control like Far Point Spread or VB6.0 control which is not support Windows 7 or 10 64 bit OS?

2. Can we replace .Net standard controls instead of Sheridan 3D Controls (Threed32.OCX)?

3. After installed VB6.0 and .NET 4.0 , I don't see Threed32.OCX installed in the Win 7 /10 64 bit OS. Do we need install and register separately ?

Thursday, February 15, 2018 7:47 AM

All replies

• Hi Nareshraoch,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

This forum is discussing Visual Studio WPF/SL Designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System, and Visual Studio Editor.

According to your description, your issue is more related to Sheridan 3D Controls of VB6, I suggest you could repost a new thread to the following forum for a professional answer.

http://www.vbforums.com/forumdisplay.php?1-Visual-Basic-6-and-Earlier

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,

Judyzh

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Judy ZhuY Monday, February 19, 2018 1:44 AM
    Friday, February 16, 2018 2:13 AM