CRM 2013 - Create folder location with real time workflow RRS feed

• Question

• Good morning,

In my CRM online 2013, i've created the link with SharePoint Online 2013 in order to store CRM documents on SharePoint.

Currently in CRM Online 2013, when i want to go to the associated elements named "Document", if the document location doesn't exist in SharePoint, A pop-up appear in order to create the it by clicking on "Confirm". There's 2 problems with it.

• First : I have to confirm manually on each record the document location creation in SharePoint.
    • Second : The folder name contain a kind of Guid very long ex : "MyFolderName_F7729292002020220202022....."

I want to create automatically this document location when my CRM record is created to resolve those problems. I've tried to create a Workflow That do this. My Workflow contain just a step that consist to create a Document location record on CRM and give it all informations

When i create a record, the workflow is executed and he create the document location correclty but when i go to the associated elements named "Documents" i receive a message saying that the folder doesn't exist in SharePoint Online. When i go to the SharePoint Library, the folder isn't created.

There's something wrong in my process ?

Thank you very much for your help.

Regards,

Jean-Michel

Friday, September 19, 2014 1:32 PM

All replies

• I think (i'm not sure) that you also need a workflow (or some kind of trigger) to create the folder in SharePoint, with the same name you've specified in the document location.
    So the folder must be created in SharePoint, and then in your CRM workflow you use the same name/url to specify the document location.

By just creating a document location in your crm workflow, i don't think that the folder will be created on SharePoint.

Regards,

Alexander

Friday, September 19, 2014 2:11 PM