Swapping our a faulty CRM Front End from our cluster - advice needed RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all

We currently have a misbehaving CRM 2011 Front end that is currently part of a 2 server cluster. Both front ends are running CRM 2011 RU 7 and we are planning to switch off and replace the problem server soon.

When we pull the problem server offline we are going to want to replace it with a new machine that we are creating for this purpose. The thing I'm unsure of however, is at what point do we get the opportunity to put Rollup 7 onto the new CRM machine.

When we run the installer on CRM, I think it will ask whether to install a fresh copy or whether to connect to an existing deployment. If we connect it to the existing deployment, we will presumably have an unpatched CRM front end connected to an RU7 database. At which point I guess we then install RU 7 on the new server? Is this the correct order of things? 

I haven't been able to find much guidance on how to replace an existing front end so any help would be much appreciated

Many thanks

S

Friday, May 25, 2012 9:50 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Yes - that's the only order you can do it in - don't add or use the server into the cluster until it's been patched etc.

Scott

Scott Durow
    Read my blog: www.develop1.net/public
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

• Marked as answer by sh856531 Monday, May 28, 2012 1:31 PM
    Saturday, May 26, 2012 12:22 AM
    Answerer