none
Net Use Error RRS feed

• Question

• Hello and thanks in advance for any help you can offer. I am using a logon.bat script to map network shares and also using DFS for high availability. The DFS consists of two servers, one is a Server 2008 R2 Enterprise SP1 running DC/DNS and one is an a Server 2008 R2 Enterprise SP1 running Exchange 2010 server. My logon.bat file is fairly straight forward and is listed below. lines.

net time /domain:domainname /set /yes

net use o: /delete

net use O: \\domain.local\OfficeFiles

net use s: /delete

net use s: \\domain.local\shared files

Home directories are set in the users properties and redirected to H:

The problem is that net use maps officefiles to O: quite nicely but shared files will not map using net use. If I open a run box and type in \\domain.local\shared files the folder opens up. If I map a network drive in my computer to that location it maps fine. The error is 53 which I understand means the network path cannot be found. That would be accurate except it maps fine if I do it on each individual work station. Not really sure what is going wrong here.

Thanks,

Ron

Ronald C. Pope

• Changed type Rondryck Monday, July 29, 2013 5:20 PM
    Sunday, July 28, 2013 7:08 PM

Answers

• Just quick guess - did you put double quotation mark around your path name?Something like this:

NET USE F: "\\My Computer\Public"

And is  "shared files" folder  realy shared ?Can you add "everuone" to the allowed users list?

Daniel Drypczewski

• Marked as answer by Rondryck Monday, July 29, 2013 5:22 PM
    Monday, July 29, 2013 3:29 AM

All replies

• Just quick guess - did you put double quotation mark around your path name?Something like this:

NET USE F: "\\My Computer\Public"

And is  "shared files" folder  realy shared ?Can you add "everuone" to the allowed users list?

Daniel Drypczewski

• Marked as answer by Rondryck Monday, July 29, 2013 5:22 PM
    Monday, July 29, 2013 3:29 AM
  • Hi Daniel,

Your suggestion of putting quotation marks around the entire path worked. I forgot that in a batch file a space is not recognized and needed quotation marks. Thank you very much for your help.

Ron

Ronald C. Pope

Monday, July 29, 2013 5:19 PM