What is mean by Primary Contact , Parent Account, Parent Contact? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Can anyone plz tell me what is mean by primary contact,Parent Account, Parent Contact? Functionality.Give some examples??

Thursday, May 26, 2011 2:00 PM

Answers

• Hello Senthil,

For example Parent Account:

You have several contacts in your CRM and you know that those contacts work for one company. You create new account and fill Parent Account field in contacts to store information that contact is working for company.

Primary contact:

Inside your CRM you have contact and account and you know that this contact is owner of company (account). So you can set from this account primary contact to mark owner.

Microsoft CRM Freelancer

My blog (english)
    Мой блог (русскоязычный)
    Thursday, May 26, 2011 2:20 PM

All replies

• Hello Senthil,

For example Parent Account:

You have several contacts in your CRM and you know that those contacts work for one company. You create new account and fill Parent Account field in contacts to store information that contact is working for company.

Primary contact:

Inside your CRM you have contact and account and you know that this contact is owner of company (account). So you can set from this account primary contact to mark owner.

Microsoft CRM Freelancer

My blog (english)
    Мой блог (русскоязычный)
    Thursday, May 26, 2011 2:20 PM
  • Hi Jamie,

Thanks for your reply. But I didn't understand what you are saying. Could you please give some  best example. Once again thanks for your reply.

Thursday, May 26, 2011 5:41 PM